Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Can someone run Rise Of The Triad 2013 with Wine?
leillo1975 Jan 20, 2016
I would like to play this game, but I can't find good information to run it with wine.
Hamish Jan 20, 2016
Is there a problem with using the AppDB entries?
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15374

There is also this forum thread:
http://www.gog.com/forum/rise_of_the_triad_series/rott_2013_linux_performance

Considering that the new Shadow Warrior made it to Linux, this one really should follow suit as well. Just for the symmetry if nothing else.
leillo1975 Jan 21, 2016
Quoting: HamishIs there a problem with using the AppDB entries?
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15374

Of course, the first I did. But If you click on the Steam's link, you will see that all is garbage, not gold. Perhaps someone would take a look...

About Gog forums, I tried it also yesterday.

Like you say, hopefully the developers would make a port like Shadow Warrior. Perhaps we should do more pressure
mrdeathjr Jan 21, 2016
This game runs however launcher dont work .net issue, however this game have boost using CSMT (staged version)

This is some tests

System Specs used in Tests

Nvidia Drivers 355.00.05
Linux Mint 17.2 Raffaela XFCE Edition 64Bit - Kernel 4.0.0-040000-generic (ubuntu mainline)
CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus
MEM: 8GB DDR3 1333 (2x4) Patriot value (dual channel: 21.3 gb/s)
GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Zone Edition Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 1800Mhz 64Bit (14.4Gb/s)
BOARD: MSI H81M E33

With Wine 1.7.51 Vanilla

View video on youtube.com

With Wine 1.7.51 CSMT

^_^
leillo1975 Jan 22, 2016
I try with playonlinux with Wine 1.7.51 staging with CSMT activated (fullscreen, in a Window) but don't work to me. I try also with 1.9 staging. You must also install .NET 4.0 or anything else?

mrdeathjr Jan 22, 2016
Quoting: leillo1975I try with playonlinux with Wine 1.7.51 staging with CSMT activated (fullscreen, in a Window) but don't work to me. I try also with 1.9 staging. You must also install .NET 4.0 or anything else?

No in my case make shorcut to rise of the triad executable directly (ROTT_Launcher dont work for now .NET issue)

Rise of the Triad\Binaries\Win32\ROTT.exe

If runs ROTT.exe game runs in my case

And if you need change graphics options can use ROTTSystemSettings.ini, if you needs more see this video between 0:05 to around 0:18

^_^
leillo1975 Jan 22, 2016
Thanks a lot, It works! I have no idea why it didn't work before. I tried it with ROTT.exe yesterday, but it didn't work.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.