Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Shadwen - Sound Issues, Stuttering Sound
Sil_el_mot May 26, 2016
Hey there,
my first post, and somewhat a cry for help.
i bought shadwen as one of the very few one-day-boughts. And on my Machine, running Steamos it works well, but i play on my office pc mainly and there is Linux Mint 17.3 installed, and on this machine Shadwen has an awfull sound, which makes it unplayable.
The sound is very noisy and crackling. Like every Second there is a cracking sound.
First i thought, its just the music, but in cutszenes i hear it too, and in the ambient sound it is a bit less loud but also.
Also the game just runs on my both front boxes...

i tried it with ALSA and with pulseaudio started... nothing changed.

I use a Realtec AlC892 (thats what gnome-alsamixer shows me)

I wrote FrozenByte, but they now answered me, they arent able to fix this, "Shadwen is mainly made to support SteamOS environments, which is probably the issue here."

so, any ideas here?

thanks in advance
Sil_el_mot May 30, 2016
huh... thanks for your answer.
i tried a bit arround with these. than i started pulseaudio (i normaly dont have it running) and somehow it worked.
but after the weekend it didnt anymore. . i will try arround a bit more.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.