You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Steam Controller - Rumble emulation doesn't work
Edmene Jun 7, 2016
Hi, I tested the rumble emulation option in SteamOS and Kubuntu 16.04 in both of them all the games that I played the controller didn't emulate the rumble with the haptics, in a old Windows partition that I hasn't entered in months the feature works without any problem.
Does anyone knowns how to make it work or if is a know issue with the steam client and controller in Linux?
Darkdisorder78 Aug 21, 2017
It's just plain silly they still havent fix this in 2017. What were they thinking when they said it would be a console like experience. Hell No!
robvv Aug 21, 2017
Personally, I have found that rumble works when I'm using sc-controller, but not just with the Steam drivers.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.