Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
System Requirements differences (RAM) between Windows and Linux version
Purple Pudding Jul 2, 2016
After the fun live of yesterday (Thank you guys!) I want to buy Broforce (for Linux, of course) but I saw that the Linux versione requires 8 GB of RAM while the Windows version requires only 4 GB of RAM.... why?

Since my pc have only 4 GB of Ram, are there any possibility to run the game under Linux? Using WINE is a possibility? If the game works with WINE I will be able to play online?

Thank you guys bros!

PP
Segata Sanshiro Jul 2, 2016
There's a beta called "Linux more stable" or something like that, it might address that issue but don't quote me on that. Why not just try it out natively and if it doesn't run well then just return it? I'm sure it will be easy to tell if you're lacking RAM or not.

I seriously doubt the game actually requires 8GB RAM, seems like a goof by the devs.
HadBabits Jul 2, 2016
I played for an hour and had only used 2.6 gigs, so you're probably fine :)
Purple Pudding Jul 3, 2016
Thanks bros!

I bought and played the game succesfully! Why they put so much RAM as requirements? I know that more RAM is better but 8 GB is exaggerated....

Hey, thanks to the staff for making me discover Broforce! Hope to play with you sometimes!

PP
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.