Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Any one of You have experience running the Gog.com version of Dead Space on winE?
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 14, 2016
That... I am about to buy it, but only if I can run it on Linux via Wine?
damarrin Jul 14, 2016
Winehq rates it Gold and Platinum depending on version, so I'd say you have at least a fighting chance.
Nel Jul 14, 2016
Since it's rated platinum, I gave it a try.

Linux: 4.6.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
CPU: i5-3570K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660, 367.27
Wine: 1.8.2 and staging 1.9.14

Dead Space just works without any trick. Only the usual crash at the end of installation (GOG installer), but everything seems ok.

I also tried with Wine Staging 1.9.14 + export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1, and it seems a bit smoother. But I don't have any fps viewer to check it. Every options are in high (max).

To prevent Dead Space to mess up your desktop resolution, enable virtual desktop. This game first starts up at 800x600. You can change resolution later while in game.

I also found that french keyboard layout is completely fucked up. I had to "setxkbmap us intl" before launching game, then "setxkbmap fr oss" after exiting.

I just played 1-2 hours and didn't find out any other bug.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.