Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Nasty Life is Strange Lag
liamphmurphy Jul 26, 2016
Hey all,

I am trying to get Life is Strange working properly. I play at 4k, and have a GTX 1070/have the latest 367.35 drivers installed.

Yet the lag is awful, 15 fps or less at 4k. I can play it comfortably at low settings at 1080p.

Liam said his 980ti worked great at 4k on his article, so idk whats up with my system.

Anyone else with issues like this?

Both fullscreen/windowed have this issue.
Nel Jul 27, 2016
Hi,

Already answered here:
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/life-is-strange-released-for-linux-steamos-some-thoughts-and-a-port-report-included.7682/page=16#67460

Quoting: edddeduckferalThere is a Nvidia driver issue with the Pascal chipset (from the internet this effects a number of games in different ways). We are working on the issue both at Feral and with Nvidia to investigate a workaround or driver fix.

Send an email to [email protected] to stay in touch when the game or driver will get a fix.
edddeduck_feral Aug 19, 2016
This was fixed in a patch to work around the driver bug. Nvidia should have a driver side fix coming in a future driver update. IT might be even included in the 370.x drivers.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.