Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Dragon Age II & DirectX11
Liothe Aug 19, 2016
DA2 and its' Dx11 renderer for anyone who may be interested. This was done with WINE ver. 1.9.16

graphics at medium

again at high
'

anti-aliasing set to anything other than "off" renders a black screen (apart from the UI)
JudasIscariot Aug 26, 2016
Update to the latest git version of Wine and see if there's any difference. There's been some DX11-related work done but I am not sure if it will help with some of the issues you present.
Liam Dawe Aug 26, 2016
Impressive it's this far though :)
JudasIscariot Aug 26, 2016
Quoting: liamdaweImpressive it's this far though :)

Most definitely :)
libgradev Sep 10, 2016
@Liothe

Out of interest which graphics card do you have - tried here and it isn't letting me set the renderer to DX11...
MaCroX95 Sep 11, 2016
Wow, looks promising :) If we get DX11 support we have pretty much the full game library, I don't think that many developers will choose to restrict themselves to one platform and write games in dx12 instead of vulkan :)
Looks really nice at this point :)
Grimfist Sep 12, 2016
Nice progress on this. And I'm still not completed with Origins + DLCs :D
Liothe Dec 28, 2016
Quoting: libgradev@Liothe

Out of interest which graphics card do you have - tried here and it isn't letting me set the renderer to DX11...

Sorry for late reply!

Game ran using AMDGPU-PRO drivers on a Radeon 290 (with a CIK-patched linux kernel for amdgpu). I have since not been able to set the Dx11 renderer either. Possibly because I switched back to MESA (or maybe 'cause of differing WINE version.. or any other reason).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.