Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Vampyr by Dontnod Entertainment?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Ehvis Sep 17, 2016
Focus Home Interactive has a number of Linux games on Steam. Most notably the Wargame series.
PublicNuisance Sep 18, 2016
Quoting: KimyrielleFocus? Did they -ever- publish a Linux game before?

Otherwise...*sigh* So far, DontNod was very high up on my list of favourite developers, because they had the guts to make games with strong female lead characters while the large rest of the industry still acts as if women don't exist. And now they are making a game with a male lead, like, you know...everyone else?

Myself I just want the game to be good and be on Linux. Whether it has a male lead or a female lead has no effect on my enjoyment of it.
Shmerl Sep 19, 2016
I sent an e-mail to Focus Home Interactive, let's see what they have to say about it.
Shmerl Sep 19, 2016
That's what they replied (exact quote):

QuoteThis is not something we plan so far but stay tuned, we never it could happen in the future, both for linux and GOG
Have a great day
Ehvis Sep 19, 2016
Quick response!

I suppose a lot will depend on how easy UE4 will be to export to Linux by the time it releases. Assuming they don't stick with an older release.
Mountain Man Sep 21, 2016
I remember reading about Vampyr some time back. If they can deliver the whole open-world, choice-and-consequences, emergent gameplay they've been promising then it will be an amazing game, but I still have my doubts.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/vampyr/vampyr-will-let-you-choose-to-cure-london-or-drink-it-dry
Shmerl Sep 21, 2016
QuoteReid can be a vigilante, feeding on the guilty and cleaning up the foggy streets; a pragmatist, killing innocent and guilty alike for the greater good; or just a murderer, feeding on anyone and everyone. Regardless of what path players take him down, it’s all a bit sinister and unpleasant.

Does it mean they don't have an option of feeding without killing? Quite restrictive in comparison with Vampire: The Masquerade for example.
PublicNuisance Sep 22, 2016
Quoting: Shmerl
QuoteReid can be a vigilante, feeding on the guilty and cleaning up the foggy streets; a pragmatist, killing innocent and guilty alike for the greater good; or just a murderer, feeding on anyone and everyone. Regardless of what path players take him down, it’s all a bit sinister and unpleasant.

Does it mean they don't have an option of feeding without killing? Quite restrictive in comparison with Vampire: The Masquerade for example.

I'll be happy if it is even half as good as Vampire: The Masquerade. That's the gold standard of vampire games in my eyes.
Mountain Man Sep 23, 2016
I think in this game's lore, a vampire can only survive by killing. Apparently the game will allow you to drink the blood of animals like rats, but it won't be as effective as drinking human blood.
Mountain Man Sep 23, 2016
Quoting: PublicNuisance
I'll be happy if it is even half as good as Vampire: The Masquerade. That's the gold standard of vampire games in my eyes.
It was, unfortunately, not the gold standard of games in general. What a buggy mess that game was.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.