Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Is ARMA III officialy released for Linux?
leillo1975 Aug 24, 2016
I seen in Virtual Programming Youtube channel a trailer of ARMA III. I asked if the game is officialy released and Virtual Programming answered that the game is officially released and can be purchased in Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJc3E9ymOM (see comments)

In Steam Store I don't see the SteamOS/Linux icon
m2mg2 Aug 24, 2016
It is officially released, just not for Linux/SteamOS. But if you buy it for Windows, you get access to the Linux/Mac files through Steam. I think Bohemia Interactive are waiting for VP to bring the Linux/Mac versions current to the Windows one before they make it official. Hopefully that will happen pretty soon. You may want to respond and ask them when they will be at 1.64. They have battle eye so it's almost there.
leillo1975 Aug 24, 2016
I know that ARMA 3 are released for Windows, but I think that Virtual Programming should not publish a game trailer if they don't release it
m2mg2 Aug 24, 2016
It is a very unusual situation. Like I said, hopefully they get it up to date with the Windows version and it becomes an official port. I'm pretty sure the reason Bohemia hasn't made it official is that the vast majority of servers will only let you on if you're on the current Windows version. If they made it an official port and sold it as such, right now a lot of people could buy it and complain that they can't play on popular servers. Making it an official port right now would make Bohemia look bad.

I'm confident though as Battle Eye was supposed to be the biggest hurdle, and that has already been overcome.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.