Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
How to enable Gallium Nine on WinE?
Comandante Ñoñardo 3 September 2016 at 3:32 am UTC

That's what I need to know.

manero666 3 September 2016 at 8:18 am UTC

Link you need to use the open-source drivers
2) you need to compile wine with the gallium nine patch or install an already patched one

Ps. On Nvidia I've tried with Nouveau with no great success, the best situation is when you have an AMD card!

Ps2. if you're on ubuntu check this external repository

crt0mega 3 September 2016 at 11:45 am UTC

manero666On Nvidia I've tried with Nouveau with no great success, the best situation is when you have an AMD card!
↑ This. Gallium-Nine won't work with NVidia's proprietary drivers and your GTX 960 looks really bad performance-wise on nouveau (open-source drivers):

slavezeo 27 September 2016 at 9:35 am UTC

If you're using the Open Source AMDGPU drivers you enable NINE the same as CSMT with nVidia cards in winecfg. Just make sure you are running a NINE build of wine. Otherwise the option will not be there. I'm running AMDGPU and WINE-NINE on my Radeon RX480 in my little computer (Dell XPS 8700, CPU replaced with a Pentium Dualcore Haswell CPU, I can't remember the model number but it's an unlocked chip). It's actually very impressive in titles like World of Warcraft.

As crt0mega said, NINE is not for nVidia or AMDGPU-Pro driver installations. Use WINE-Staging and CSMT for those.

lejimster 18 December 2016 at 5:57 pm UTC

Comandante ÑoñardoThat's what I need to know.

Yep,as others have said... Better off sticking with pro drivers if you're nvidia user. Csmt+wine is your best bet for performance. Nine is for AMD Radeon open source gamers, you could use nouveau with nine, but its not as well supported and performance probably doesn't match pro drivers on nvidia.

JudasIscariot 3 January 2017 at 12:51 pm UTC

If you're on Arch/Antergos, Wine-Staging-Nine is now an official package:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/wine-staging-nine/

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • GTFO - R2C1 - Work Together Or Die Together [GER/ENG]
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts