Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
Microsoft brings down another comapny...
Ne0 commented on 25 October 2016 at 12:51 pm UTC

We all know how Nokia fell.
Here is another interesting story about the Fable game developers, Lionhead...
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/09/how-fable-legends-took-down-lionhead

Ehvis commented on 25 October 2016 at 1:49 pm UTC

It's what Microsoft does. I don't think anybody would accuse them of being bad at business. They win some, they lose some, but the net result is always good. If I'd have to point out one problematic thing, from a business perspective, it would probably be that they grew to big and rigid. If something really changes, they could actually go down. Like they were late and ineffective in the mobile market.

m2mg2 commented on 25 October 2016 at 2:53 pm UTC

EhvisIt's what Microsoft does. I don't think anybody would accuse them of being bad at business. They win some, they lose some, but the net result is always good. If I'd have to point out one problematic thing, from a business perspective, it would probably be that they grew to big and rigid. If something really changes, they could actually go down. Like they were late and ineffective in the mobile market.

Good for Microsoft maybe, often bad for customers and everyone else. What they are doing with Windows 10 is bad for everyone except Microsoft, the NSA and anyone else involved in cyber crime/espionage. It is also good for the cyber security industry, as the more insecure things are - the more work there is. They are making malware behavior legitimate and malicious advertising acceptable/standard. I don't think they are good at business, I think they are good at bad business.

Hal_Kado commented on 26 October 2016 at 11:00 pm UTC

Not sure the blame is entirely with MS on this one. The studio has a well documented history of reaching to far, trying to create something never before seen, dreaming far to big and simply not delivering. The story linked is one of missed deadlines, overspending, not understanding their fanbase/market.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts