Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Microsoft brings down another comapny...
Ne0 Oct 25, 2016
We all know how Nokia fell.
Here is another interesting story about the Fable game developers, Lionhead...
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/09/how-fable-legends-took-down-lionhead
Ehvis Oct 25, 2016
It's what Microsoft does. I don't think anybody would accuse them of being bad at business. They win some, they lose some, but the net result is always good. If I'd have to point out one problematic thing, from a business perspective, it would probably be that they grew to big and rigid. If something really changes, they could actually go down. Like they were late and ineffective in the mobile market.
m2mg2 Oct 25, 2016
Quoting: EhvisIt's what Microsoft does. I don't think anybody would accuse them of being bad at business. They win some, they lose some, but the net result is always good. If I'd have to point out one problematic thing, from a business perspective, it would probably be that they grew to big and rigid. If something really changes, they could actually go down. Like they were late and ineffective in the mobile market.

Good for Microsoft maybe, often bad for customers and everyone else. What they are doing with Windows 10 is bad for everyone except Microsoft, the NSA and anyone else involved in cyber crime/espionage. It is also good for the cyber security industry, as the more insecure things are - the more work there is. They are making malware behavior legitimate and malicious advertising acceptable/standard. I don't think they are good at business, I think they are good at bad business.
Hal_Kado Oct 26, 2016
Not sure the blame is entirely with MS on this one. The studio has a well documented history of reaching to far, trying to create something never before seen, dreaming far to big and simply not delivering. The story linked is one of missed deadlines, overspending, not understanding their fanbase/market.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.