Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
XCOM 2 Mods
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
NovenTheHero Oct 28, 2016
Nothing I do has ever been able to get the mods to work in-game. Ever. They show up in the launcher but not working in-game. Here is my support ticket chain email so maybe we can crowdsource the solution:

Michael Monn <[email protected]> Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM
To: Feral Interactive Support <[email protected]>
Anyways, I tried Unity from a FRESH Ubuntu 16.04 LTS install, and the mods are still not working in-game. There is no apparent mods working AT ALL in-game even though they are showing up in the launcher.
Here is where my user settings are: ~/.local/share/feral-interactive/XCOM2/VFS/Local/my games/XCOM2/XComGame/Config
Here is where my game is installed in Steam: ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/XCOM\ 2/
Here are where the mods are located: ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/268500

Here is my steam info (AND going back to kubuntu):

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Unknown
Model: Unknown
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x3c
CPU Stepping: 0x3
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3900 Mhz
4 logical processors
4 physical processors
HyperThreading: Unsupported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (64 bit)
Kernel Name: Linux
Kernel Version: 4.4.0-31-generic
X Server Vendor: The X.Org Foundation
X Server Release: 11803000
X Window Manager: Compiz
Steam Runtime Version: steam-runtime-beta-release_2016-09-02

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2

Driver Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.42
OpenGL Version: 4.5
Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x1401
Revision Not Detected
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 2944 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 20.04" x 11.26" (22.95" diag)
50.9cm x 28.6cm (58.3cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM: 4096 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x 16x

Sound card:
Audio device: Realtek ALC892

Memory:
RAM: 15988 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
LANG: en_US.UTF-8
Microphone: Not set
Steam Controller Cable and Base: Not set
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 416713 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 322786 Mb
VR Headset: None detected

Recent Failure Reports:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Michael Monn <[email protected]> wrote:
How would kwin have anything to do with this?

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Feral Interactive Support <[email protected]> wrote:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Hi,

Your request (3521) has been updated by our support team. To add any additional comments, please reply to this email.

Sam Garden
Sam Gardener (Feral Interactive Support)
Oct 26, 17:41 BST

Hi Michael,

If possible could you try changing your Window Manger from Kwin to Unity as we have tested our games from this manager with success, its possible that this may be the reason that the mods have not worked before.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Samuel Gardener
Feral Interactive Support
Worldwide +44 (0)20 8875 9787
USA 1-888-997-6752 (Toll Free)
http://support.feralinteractive.com

**** Make Your Play ****

Michael Mo
Michael Monn
Oct 26, 00:41 BST

I did all what you asked twice and none of it worked. In fact, mods have NEVER worked for me on linux and I know this because the Long War SMG mod has always been enabled and I have never seen them in game ever.

Gerard McA
Gerard McAuley (Feral Interactive Support)
Oct 24, 18:04 BST

Hi Michael,

Some mods don’t uninstall correctly, so you will need to manually clean up your installation:

Unsubscribe from any mods in Steam
Open the game to pre-game options window
Click the Open Preferences Folder button on Support tab of pre-game window
Now, go through: VFS/Local/my games/XCOM2/XComGame/ and delete the Config folder
Start the game and exit
Resubscribe to mods in steam
Start game again

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Gerard
Gerard McAuley

Michael Mo
Michael Monn
Oct 21, 14:58 BST

I've done this, removed the game, reinstalled the game, removed the mods and resubscribed to them. I've tried running only 1 mod to see if I could get it to work. None of this has had any effect. It is if the launcher recognizes there are mods but once in game they don't actually enable them.

Sam Garden
Sam Gardener (Feral Interactive Support)
Oct 21, 09:19 BST

Hi Micheal,

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with mods on XCOM 2, my first suggestion would be to try and remove the Mods from your machine, reboot the computer and then try and reinstall them again to see if this resolves the issue.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Samuel Gardener

**** Make Your Play ****

Michael Monn
Oct 20, 05:54 BST

I am trying to use the various Long War Mods from the steam workshop (SMG, perks, etc). The launcher is showing them as being turned on but they are not working in game. For example, the launcher shows the Long War Toolbox being enabled but it is not showing up in game.
Liam Dawe Oct 28, 2016
Holy wall of text batman! Please add some formatting and remove useless text so we can read it easier.
Woops! I edited it down a bit to see if that is better.
nckpau Oct 28, 2016
Mods were fixed a while ago. I'm using several mods from the workshop and one from Nexus just fine.
Mountain Man Oct 28, 2016
Yes, there was a stretch where mods simply didn't work. They would show up in the launcher, and you could select them, but they weren't activated in-game, and if you went back to the launcher menu they would all be disabled. The patch released with Shen's Last Gift fixed this problem.

So to the OP, I would say to make sure your game is updated to the latest version. You might need to verify the game cache. Right-click on the entry in your Steam library, select "Properties", click on the "Local Files" tab, then finally click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".
Quoting: Mountain ManYes, there was a stretch where mods simply didn't work. They would show up in the launcher, and you could select them, but they weren't activated in-game, and if you went back to the launcher menu they would all be disabled. The patch released with Shen's Last Gift fixed this problem.

So to the OP, I would say to make sure your game is updated to the latest version. You might need to verify the game cache. Right-click on the entry in your Steam library, select "Properties", click on the "Local Files" tab, then finally click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

Yeeah I have done all that like 7 times.
NovenTheHero Oct 29, 2016
I just tried manually installing Nexus mods, they just won't show up in the Mod Manager nor in-game.
Mountain Man Oct 31, 2016
Oh, so you're not even seeing the mods in the launcher? Do you have an unusual configuration, like having the Steam directory on different drive or partition?
NovenTheHero Oct 31, 2016
Quoting: Mountain ManOh, so you're not even seeing the mods in the launcher? Do you have an unusual configuration, like having the Steam directory on different drive or partition?
No, I see them in the launcher but there is no effect in-game.
edddeduck_feral Nov 1, 2016
We have a huge number of players all using mods so it sounds like your issue is definitely a setup issue on your machine :( I know it's frustrating, it's frustrating our end as well when something works on everyone else machines and we cannot see what you're doing differently.

We'll keep looking into the issue via support emails but as we only have your machine being effected it's hard to pinpoint the issue quickly as neither other users or our QA have problems since the patch to restore modding support was released months ago.

Edwin
NovenTheHero Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I can understand the frustration, but I cannot see what I have done significantly differently than other users. I have tried using a different version of Ubuntu (14.04,16.04,16.10), tried using a different display manager (Unity and Kwin), tried manually installing mods, and uninstalling them and reinstalling the game after verifying the game a bizzilion times.

Could it be a file system issue (grabbing at straws)? I use XFS instead of the common ext4. I also use a SSD, but I am sure a bagillion other users do so as well.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.