This thread is everywhere!
this is mine:
[

this one is my friend's
[
alexandrius Sep 1, 2010
Re: Show me your Desktop

liamdawe man, posting large screenshots really suck here :(

BTW tweakedenigma, i decided, ecshalon is yours, so i'll not post any more :) until you get 50 posts
tweakedenigma Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: alexandriusliamdawe man, posting large screenshots really suck here :(

BTW tweakedenigma, i decided, ecshalon is yours, so i'll not post any more :) until you get 50 posts

Thats very kind, But I was enjoying the competition. Although that doesn't mean that I wont graciously accept :)
Liam Dawe Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: alexandriusliamdawe man, posting large screenshots really suck here :(

Hmmm your right pictures do tend to clog it up a bit.

I have edited it to create thumbnails for attachments in all possible situations, as you can see from mine...much better. Why it's not the default i will never know.
Hamish Sep 1, 2010

Here is my Fedora 13 desktop featuring the ever-classic Bluecurve Icon theme:

[

I fuzzed out two Icons because of their in-development status.
alexandrius Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: HamishHere is my Fedora 13 desktop featuring the ever-classic Bluecurve Icon theme:

[

I fuzzed out two Icons because of their in-development status.

what do you like in fedora? i tried it and it's full of bugs
Hamish Sep 2, 2010

Quoting: alexandriuswhat do you like in fedora? i tried it and it's full of bugs

1. It has a great package repository.
2. I appreciate its upstream nature.
3. It appreciates technical users more than some other distros.
4. Its support of free software.
5. It is no more buggy than anything else I have used.
6. It has a nice community behind it.
7. It developed Network Manager.
8. Red Hat is a decent enough company to stand behind.
10. Compiz is NOT on by default.

To name a few, but of course it is all down to the individual user.
alexandrius Sep 2, 2010

Quote1. It has a great package repository.

Sorry what? :O
It has the most shitty repo i've ever seen, even OpenOffice is 1 years old, lol

Quote2. I appreciate its upstream nature.
3. It appreciates technical users more than some other distros.
4. Its support of free software.
5. It is no more buggy than anything else I have used.
6. It has a nice community behind it.
7. It developed Network Manager.
8. Red Hat is a decent enough company to stand behind.
10. Compiz is NOT on by default.

non of these are arguments.

Sorry i don't to continue holly war :)
Hamish Sep 3, 2010

The latest stable of version OpenOffice.org is 3.2.1, which was released on June 4, 2010. This is the current version available from the Fedora repository. So get your facts straight when you make contentious and seemingly aggressive statements. In fact, Fedora has a reputation for being sometimes too quick to adopt updates. Personally I enjoy this speed somewhat as I like playing around with the latest free software video and Mesa drivers and seeing how they are maturing. Fedora gives me the option of doing this without having to constantly pull sources from git. Even unstable code Mesa code is available from the repository though a special package. So complaining about old software in Fedora's repository is laughable to say the least.

And whether or not you think those a proper arguments is irrelevant, those are my reasons for using Fedora and I stand by them. Just because they do not convince you (that was never my intention) does not mean those are not acceptable reason to prefer one system over another. So saying "none of these are arguments" is in fact itself not an argument.

I am sorry if I may be helping ignite a flame war, but it is in really bad taste to criticize ones choice of distribution on a Linux oriented forum. I could have been more brazen with my statements and named what I perceive as faults in some of the other distributions, I did not specifically because I feel that would be in bad taste. So I just stuck with what I liked about my preferd system instead.
alexandrius Sep 3, 2010

QuoteSo get your facts straight when you make contentious and seemingly aggressive statements.

I even have made a video about those creepy bugs and oldish repo, but it's in Georgian
here's link to the video [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPbrVhMCR"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPbrVhMCR[/url] about the skype+rhytmbox bug and old OpenOffice, the other video really needs knowledge in Georgian language

Sorry again :)
Liam Dawe Sep 3, 2010

Now guys keep it keep, this thread is for screen shots not who's distro is better than who's take a chill pill before you come back to this thread please.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.