You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Dark theme Improvements wanted!
Xpander commented on 3 December 2016 at 6:28 pm UTC

as you can see text is not so readable and distro logo is barely visible (depends how your monitor brightness/gamma setting is)

liamdawe commented on 6 December 2016 at 10:39 pm UTC

Sorry about that dude, I will switch over to it soon and exclusively use it for a day or two to hammer out niggles with it.

Xpander commented on 8 December 2016 at 10:36 am UTC

Another issue with dark theme is the page buttons

stan commented on 8 December 2016 at 2:41 pm UTC

With my custom CSS (using Stylish and the Midnight Surfing theme) I have the same issue with the page buttons; it’s very hard to read some of them due to their light grey background.

liamdawe commented on 8 December 2016 at 2:56 pm UTC

This was updated today along with other stuff: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/some-more-site-updates-today-various-sections-changed.8689

I will wait for feedback on other stuff I may have missed.

stan commented on 8 December 2016 at 3:39 pm UTC

It would be great if you could make the change to the bright style too, so the page buttons are not forced to a light grey background. (Sorry, no screenshot as I don’t have a paint program installed at the moment… But I’ll do it if needed.)

liamdawe commented on 9 December 2016 at 7:16 pm UTC

stanIt would be great if you could make the change to the bright style too, so the page buttons are not forced to a light grey background. (Sorry, no screenshot as I don’t have a paint program installed at the moment… But I’ll do it if needed.)
I don't get what the issue is on the light style, it looks fine to me. If you're using some custom CSS styling I can't make changes based on outside extensions.

stan commented on 9 December 2016 at 7:30 pm UTC

liamdaweI don't get what the issue is on the light style, it looks fine to me. If you're using some custom CSS styling I can't make changes based on outside extensions.
Well it was working fine a few months ago, but yeah, whatever.

liamdawe commented on 9 December 2016 at 10:06 pm UTC

stan
liamdaweI don't get what the issue is on the light style, it looks fine to me. If you're using some custom CSS styling I can't make changes based on outside extensions.
Well it was working fine a few months ago, but yeah, whatever.
"Yeah whatever" is not a helpful comment.

If you want me to do something, be constructive about it.

Xpander commented on 19 January 2017 at 4:01 pm UTC

the new bookmark button under the article as well as the hearth icon are unreadable on dark theme also

they are white with white icon. only mouse over will reveale whats the button

still waiting for dark theme improvements

liamdawe commented on 19 January 2017 at 8:50 pm UTC

I have fixed the Bookmark icon, I have also fixed Distro icons not showing up on the Profile or View PC Info popover.

On top of that, the fancybox popover for images and the View PC info popover now have a black background instead of white.

Will continue to do improvements.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook