Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Crysis 2 and DX11 under Wine 2.0 possible?
PlutonMaster Jan 11, 2017
Hello there. I was surfing in youtube and I've found this(If someones understand the language and video is not made by me):
View video on youtube.com

I tried on my Manjaro system with Wine 2.0rc3, but main menu and the game are messed up.
I think it needs more fixes or do I have something missing.

It is good to see how does it work in the video.
Xpander Jan 11, 2017
crysis 2 has been working with dx9 quite some time under wine., but seems yeah dx11 also works now with wine2.0
MaCroX95 Jan 11, 2017
Quoting: Xpandercrysis 2 has been working with dx9 quite some time under wine., but seems yeah dx11 also works now with wine2.0

DX11 works on Wine 2.0? :O Does that count only for Crysis?
PlutonMaster Jan 12, 2017
Quoting: MaCroX95
Quoting: Xpandercrysis 2 has been working with dx9 quite some time under wine., but seems yeah dx11 also works now with wine2.0

DX11 works on Wine 2.0? :O Does that count only for Crysis?

Not only Crysis 2. Type in youtube "dx11 linux" and using "release date" filter.
StackMasher Jan 12, 2017
I wonder when GTA V will work
PlutonMaster Jan 26, 2017
I replaced today Wine-Staging with wine-gallium-nine and started the Crysis 2.
The main menu was still glitchy and it was smoother than before.
I tried to disable the CSMT and the menu went to normal.
But when I start new game, graphics were totally black but some NPCs was there normally and the game was ver laggy.
It is still unplayable with DX11 mode and Wine 2.0 stable. By the way the DX11-function was unselectable in wine 1.9 releases, and now it can be selected.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.