You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
Crysis 2 and DX11 under Wine 2.0 possible?
PlutonMaster commented on 11 January 2017 at 11:19 am UTC

Hello there. I was surfing in youtube and I've found this(If someones understand the language and video is not made by me):

I tried on my Manjaro system with Wine 2.0rc3, but main menu and the game are messed up.
I think it needs more fixes or do I have something missing.

It is good to see how does it work in the video.

Xpander commented on 11 January 2017 at 3:30 pm UTC

crysis 2 has been working with dx9 quite some time under wine., but seems yeah dx11 also works now with wine2.0

MaCroX95 commented on 11 January 2017 at 9:01 pm UTC

Xpandercrysis 2 has been working with dx9 quite some time under wine., but seems yeah dx11 also works now with wine2.0

DX11 works on Wine 2.0? Does that count only for Crysis?

PlutonMaster commented on 12 January 2017 at 6:50 am UTC

MaCroX95
Xpandercrysis 2 has been working with dx9 quite some time under wine., but seems yeah dx11 also works now with wine2.0

DX11 works on Wine 2.0? Does that count only for Crysis?

Not only Crysis 2. Type in youtube "dx11 linux" and using "release date" filter.

StackMasher 1 years commented on 12 January 2017 at 6:44 pm UTC

I wonder when GTA V will work

PlutonMaster commented on 26 January 2017 at 9:24 am UTC

I replaced today Wine-Staging with wine-gallium-nine and started the Crysis 2.
The main menu was still glitchy and it was smoother than before.
I tried to disable the CSMT and the menu went to normal.
But when I start new game, graphics were totally black but some NPCs was there normally and the game was ver laggy.
It is still unplayable with DX11 mode and Wine 2.0 stable. By the way the DX11-function was unselectable in wine 1.9 releases, and now it can be selected.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "Black Mirror 2" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook