You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
[fixed] subscribing with emails gets reset on your next reply
ripper Jan 28, 2017
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems this happens here in the forum:
1. You subscribe to a thread with email notifications.
2. Next time you reply, the subscription box picker contains "Subscribe without emails".
3. You're no longer subscribed with emails.

So if you want to stay subscribed with emails, you need to change the option from "without emails" to "with emails" every single time you reply in that thread.

Could the subscription picker reflect the current state of my subscription (i.e. if I'm subscribed with emails, it would show that)?
Liam Dawe Jan 29, 2017
It was supposed to, it worked in articles, but the forum code was broken for it.

I've now combined dealing with subscription status for the form boxes into one function and made both use it, and it should now be correct (it showed as correct in my local testing now, hooray).

Thanks for reporting!
ripper Jan 29, 2017
Looks fixed, thanks.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.