Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
window list problems KDE
Liam Dawe 2 Feb, 2017
On KDE Arch I seem to be having major issues with the window list, here's a video to show you:
View video on youtube.com

Anyone seen it before?

Edit: It's the compositor, unchecking "Allow applications to block compositing" fixes it. It doesn't make sense though, why would a compositor turning off change anything in the actual window list? It shouldn't be tied to the contents of it at all.
adomas 2 Feb, 2017
I have checked with "Allow applications to block compositing" set to on and this does not happen on my system. Using also Arch Linux x86_64 with KDE Plasma 5.9 from testing repo. Might have been fixed in latest release. What version do you use?
subdiff 2 Feb, 2017
At present time unchecking "Allow applications to block compositing" can only be considered a workaround, because in general the blocking should yield a performance increase.

I've not seen this error on my PC with KDE Neon, so it's rather difficult for me to tell you what it could be. Do you use the proprietary Nvidia driver? Are there multiple desktops? When did you opened for example Kdenlive the last time before this video ?
Liam Dawe 2 Feb, 2017
Quoting: subdiffAt present time unchecking "Allow applications to block compositing" can only be considered a workaround, because in general the blocking should yield a performance increase.

I've not seen this error on my PC with KDE Neon, so it's rather difficult for me to tell you what it could be. Do you use the proprietary Nvidia driver? Are there multiple desktops? When did you opened for example Kdenlive the last time before this video ?
This is with two monitors, Nvidia 980ti 375.26 driver. kdenlive would have been open hours prior.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts