Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Question: AMD Drivers and SteamLink
STiAT commented on 26 February 2017 at 8:23 pm UTC

Hey all :-)

I've a question. I'm running AMDGPU driver with Mesa 17.0 and llvm 3.9.1.

I'm experiencing a lot of issues with games, when I'm streaming. I didn't ever use AMDGPU when streaming (have a NVidia in the cupboard here, where I never had issues).

Are there any others who have similar experience? I just get a huge pixle mess when I play in example The Talos Principle - within 10 seconds being into a level (running around). Same goes for Deus Ex or Mad Max, which points to a general issue.

The games work perfectly well just on the workstation though.

Anyone else with that kind of experience? If so, it may be worth to report to Valve. I know steamlink just introduces a new level of complexity, but it's ... so convenient .

Citiroller commented on 28 February 2017 at 2:32 pm UTC

It might also be an issue while steam is recording the game and compresses the video before it's send to the steam link. I don't think it's due to an failure in your steam link, have you tried using it with another computer and a different setup?
I think this is either a graphics driver or steam related problem. Maybe try to get in touch with the support at Valve. Maybe you'll find some information here or open a new issue…

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „The Book of Unwritten Tales 2“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts