You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Question: AMD Drivers and SteamLink
STiAT commented on 26 February 2017 at 8:23 pm UTC

Hey all :-)

I've a question. I'm running AMDGPU driver with Mesa 17.0 and llvm 3.9.1.

I'm experiencing a lot of issues with games, when I'm streaming. I didn't ever use AMDGPU when streaming (have a NVidia in the cupboard here, where I never had issues).

Are there any others who have similar experience? I just get a huge pixle mess when I play in example The Talos Principle - within 10 seconds being into a level (running around). Same goes for Deus Ex or Mad Max, which points to a general issue.

The games work perfectly well just on the workstation though.

Anyone else with that kind of experience? If so, it may be worth to report to Valve. I know steamlink just introduces a new level of complexity, but it's ... so convenient .

Citiroller commented on 28 February 2017 at 2:32 pm UTC

It might also be an issue while steam is recording the game and compresses the video before it's send to the steam link. I don't think it's due to an failure in your steam link, have you tried using it with another computer and a different setup?
I think this is either a graphics driver or steam related problem. Maybe try to get in touch with the support at Valve. Maybe you'll find some information here or open a new issue…

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Puzzle Tiles: „MOLEK-SYNTEZ“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts