Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Any word on Crossfire multi GPU on Linux?
slavezeo Mar 8, 2017
I already have a RX 480 8GB card and was looking to boost my graphical prowess a bit by adding a second one. At about $250 USD it's a fairly cheap way to squeeze a bit more performance out of it. I googled and googled but couldn't find information on Linux support for crossfire. I can use AMDGPU-Pro or the opensource AMDGPU, either one works for what I play. I won't be disappointed if there is no support but pleasantly surprised if there is.

Can anyone chime in and help a brother out?
tuxintuxedo Mar 8, 2017
I found this as a recent source about the Crossfire situation: Reddit
slavezeo Mar 16, 2019
Hey man, thanks for the info. This is a pretty old thread but I still hadn't found an answer to the original question. I'm rocking a vega 64 right now so I'm good for a bit on GPU power. But my wife is running the original RX480 and if crossifre is an option I look into giving it a go. A used RX 480 card isn't to expensive at this point, cheaper than buying a new GPU anyway.

EDIT: Dang, I just read through the entire thread. No support yet. and maybe never. oh well, I still stand by my reply only adjusting it to "I would if..."
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.