Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
So, Last Week I Made A Game
Cheeseness Jun 23, 2012
I participated in the 7dfps.org game jam last week. It was pretty awesome to attempt to make a first person game within a week.

I worked with two other fellows (SteelRaven7, who did most of the coding, and Johannes, who did some sound work and some concept art) to create a first person ice skating combat game - bet you didn't see that coming. We worked massively hard, and managed to come up with something that's fun and feels like a game. It's not hugely polished, and it isn't something I'd call a complete game, but it's playable and I'm still pretty proud :)

If anybody's interested in checking it out, it can be found here: http://7dfps.org/?projects=flat (be sure to grab a "post-7DFPS" build as I've spent a few days polishing gameplay up a bit, and we just pushed a new build live that has music by Anton Riehl - the guy who's been doing music for Overgrowth).

I also made a gameplay video, a rundown on the post-7DFPS gameplay tweaks I made, and there's a blog post on twolofbees.com that I tried to keep up to date whilst we were working on the game.

If anybody tries it out, I'd love to know what you think (make sure you read the splash screen - nobody seems to and then I get feedback like "The game is too hard" from people who don't know that they can heal themselves).

Enjoy!
Rustybolts Jun 27, 2012
Gratz, well done bud!
Cheeseness Jul 26, 2012
For anybody who's interested, we just released FLAT under the GPL! :D
Source code can be found here: https://github.com/Cheeseness/FLAT
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.