Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Fix for LEGO Titles launching 2nd player when trying to play with the controller (dinput)
MaCroX95 Mar 26, 2017
Hey guys, I have some great news for people that have tried to play LEGO titles through Wine/POL and have had trouble with setting up the controller. To be more specific this fix is for direct input and for people that are experiencing problems with Player 2 activating eventhough you set only player 1 controlls in settings.

The problem lies in Wine dinput management itself because it recognizes 2 controllers for all the controllers I've tried before. The first one has (event) in the name and the second one has (js) which is the core problem of the issue I've mentioned above.

The fix:

[Wine version tested: 2.4-staging]
[Wine prefix: 32-bit]
[Installed libraries: vcrun6, d3dx9]
[Tested on games: LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga; LEGO Lord of the Rings; LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens]
[All games were running in DX9 mode]
[Controller used for testing: Logitech F710 - direct input mode]

- open PlayOnLinux
- open Configure window
- select the Wine bottle where you have your LEGO Titles installed
- select the Wine tab of the Wine bottle
- Open Control panel
- Select Game Controllers
- under the Joysticks tab select the controller that has (js) in the name and click disable
- In the Wine tab select Windows Reboot and wait until it refreshes the settings

That's it, the problem seems to be where the game recognizes actually 2 different controllers because of the way that Wine manages them and causes the non-stop activation of the Player 2.

Here is a short clip testing the LegoSW with mentioned controller:

https://sendvid.com/7pcqvizw

I hope that this quick guide helps anyone and have a great time enjoying your LEGO titles! :P

Best regards!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.