Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Outlast 2 got released today no linux port yet
Koopacabras Apr 26, 2017
after playing outlast for 1 and half hours I decided I'm not going to play this anymore. I can take blood and dead corpses all over but I think the developers have gone to far in some really disturbing scenes involving necrophilia, that crosses the line for me.
Kallestofeles Apr 27, 2017
Oh man, this would make an excellent addition to my horror-addiction-collection. Sad that it's not coming to Linux atm, but given that it runs also on dx10, then it gives some hope that it'd work on wine. Won't be buying a windows version though... maybe I'll get the key off some shady site to test with wine but I hope that they'll port it properly to Linux at one point.
slaapliedje Apr 27, 2017
Quoting: chancho_zombieafter playing outlast for 1 and half hours I decided I'm not going to play this anymore. I can take blood and dead corpses all over but I think the developers have gone to far in some really disturbing scenes involving necrophilia, that crosses the line for me.

Had I known this had Necrophilia in it, I would have played it sooner! Kidding! I started playing this on Windows (I know, SHAME!) but didn't get very far in it there. Would be an awesome game for VR though...
Koopacabras Apr 28, 2017
Quoting: slaapliedje
Quoting: chancho_zombieafter playing outlast for 1 and half hours I decided I'm not going to play this anymore. I can take blood and dead corpses all over but I think the developers have gone to far in some really disturbing scenes involving necrophilia, that crosses the line for me.

Had I known this had Necrophilia in it, I would have played it sooner! Kidding! I started playing this on Windows (I know, SHAME!) but didn't get very far in it there. Would be an awesome game for VR though...

well maybe I play it ... it's just that really annoyed me. I think that this type of games play your mind and the devs are always trying to be the most gore or violent they can, after all this is the real intention pushing the envelope on this sort of topics. They knowingly do this sort of stuff to raise polemic. Sometimes I get fed up of the same topics, I'm really tired of satanic games over and over again. I mean don't they have another topic to exploit to spook people out rather than satanic stuff. Come on!! they are short on creativity.
Besides that obviously some people are going to get annoyed on this sort of things. I recommend the game (at least Outlast 1) it's fun, if you are into the terror/horror games.
enz Apr 29, 2017
They promised a Linux port, so I will wait for it. I can use the extra time to prepare myself for all the gore, necrophilia, cannibalism, satanic rituals and other mental derangements :-)

Funny, I never liked war games, in which you shoot the head off people only because you are on the "good" side fighting the "evil" enemy, but I have no problem with horror games like Outlast. Maybe because they are so over-the-top that I don't take them too seriously anyway.
razing32 Apr 29, 2017
Didn't know a linux port was on its way.
Will see when it comes out I guess.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.