Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Was thinking of starting GoL nights!
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Poll results: Do you want a Gaming on linux night every week where we play diffrent game every week?
Yes

11 vote(s)
100%
No

0 vote(s)
0%
erlaan May 5, 2017
Hello Every one! I started to thinking of starting Gaming on linux night where we get together and play together. I was thinking at 8PM CET Saturday every week. But I don't know if more then me is interesting in it.

I was thinking we was playing different game every week

If many is interesting I can start a planing. Was thinking we will start to vote for the game we would play.
MintedGamer May 6, 2017
I think thats a great idea.
erlaan May 8, 2017
Quoting: GuestSounds like it could be fun.
Quoting: MintedGamerI think thats a great idea.

Games I was thinking we could play is multiplayer gamse like

Insurgency
Counter-strike GO
Dota
HoN
Ballistic Overkill
Tomb Raider
Left 4 dead 2
TeeWorlds
Xonotic
Quake 3

And If we not getting that many people we can play coop games like (4 or less people.)
Borderlands 2 or the pre sequelt
Don't Starve
Dugeon Defenders
Payday 2
Move Or Die.

We have more games. But This was the games I was thinking off.
Ben D May 8, 2017
I'd be interested.
slaapliedje May 8, 2017
Damn, that's my Game Night with my brother (well, Friday and Saturdays). I'd be up for Sundays. Don't Starve would be a blast. I should set up a 7 days to die server again (assuming that still works under Linux, I think it's out of EA finally, isn't it?)
erlaan May 8, 2017
Quoting: slaapliedjeDamn, that's my Game Night with my brother (well, Friday and Saturdays). I'd be up for Sundays. Don't Starve would be a blast. I should set up a 7 days to die server again (assuming that still works under Linux, I think it's out of EA finally, isn't it?)

Yea 7 Days to die work on linux still. I have a server running on day 320. But I don't know if 7 Days to die and ark is that great game to play during this nights. Because that game is more long time games that take more then some hours to get somewhere in the game.
slaapliedje May 8, 2017
Yeah, that's true. I mean if we had a fully co-op game of Ark (and it didn't go all LSD on Linux) that'd be fun to play, but 7 Days to Die was a blast, though I only really played with one of my friends.
slack May 18, 2017
QuoteGames I was thinking we could play is multiplayer gamse like

Insurgency
Counter-strike GO

Dota
HoN
Ballistic Overkill
Tomb Raider
Left 4 dead 2

TeeWorlds
Xonotic
Quake 3

And If we not getting that many people we can play coop games like (4 or less people.)
Don't Starve
Dugeon Defenders
Payday 2
Move Or Die.

I'm interested. Mainly in which I indicated in bold. And add (with your permission)
Day of Infamy
Painkiller Hell & Damnation
Synergy
Codenme Cure
BrainBread2
Day of Defeat: Source
Aryvandaar May 18, 2017
I'm okay with:

Insurgency
Dota (but never tried it)
HoN (?)
Ballistic Overkill (maybe, but I hate OP shotgun)
Tomb Raider
Left 4 dead 2
Xonotic
Quake 3

Might get day of infamy.
erlaan May 23, 2017
Quoting: GuestSounds like it could be fun.
Quoting: MintedGamerI think thats a great idea.
Quoting: Ben DI'd be interested.
Quoting: slaapliedjeDamn, that's my Game Night with my brother (well, Friday and Saturdays). I'd be up for Sundays. Don't Starve would be a blast. I should set up a 7 days to die server again (assuming that still works under Linux, I think it's out of EA finally, isn't it?)
Quoting: slack
QuoteGames I was thinking we could play is multiplayer gamse like

Insurgency
Counter-strike GO

Dota
HoN
Ballistic Overkill
Tomb Raider
Left 4 dead 2

TeeWorlds
Xonotic
Quake 3

Don't Starve
Dugeon Defenders
Payday 2
Move Or Die.

I'm interested. Mainly in which I indicated in bold. And add (with your permission)
Day of Infamy
Painkiller Hell & Damnation
Synergy
Codenme Cure
BrainBread2
Day of Defeat: Source
Quoting: AryvandaarI'm okay with:

Insurgency
Dota (but never tried it)
HoN (?)
Ballistic Overkill (maybe, but I hate OP shotgun)
Tomb Raider
Left 4 dead 2
Xonotic
Quake 3

Might get day of infamy.

I was thinking off try to manage to get a Saturday this weekend. And I was thinking of starting with some Insurgency? Should I fix a server we can play on or do we just gonna join a random server and fight over way over to a victory?
slack May 24, 2017
I think we could try co-op first: I think survival is a good start. Or outpost. You die fast and respawn fast. If we are enough we could try to form two teams.

I live in Europe and I usually access Frankfurt servers with a reasonable ping... ^_^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.