You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Could use help getting my game open sourced
trentg Oct 8, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm not new to the site but this is my first forum post. My game Monster RPG 2 has been featured on the site a few times. Well, I'm trying to raise funds to make the game open source, and I could use all the help I can get!

I started a campaign on IndieGoGo tonight. The rewards are somewhat developer centric but even at the minimum pledge level of $1 you'd be helping to free the game, and there are some other perks that might interest non-developers too.

I would appreciate if you can help get the word out about it! I really would like to start a large wiki that has tonnes of info, code samples, and help on customizing the game and its engine so that people can create their own JRPGs. But anyway, that's all included on IndieGoGo so here's a link to the campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/monster-rpg-2-open-jrpg-game-engine

Thanks a lot for anything you can do to help out!
Trent
Cheeseness Oct 8, 2012
This deserves to be a news item. I think someone other than me can move it to the news section, so I won't post it. I've tweeted about it though ^_^
trentg Oct 8, 2012
Thanks! :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.