You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «109/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Aug 16, 2018
I haven't used Steam, but I suppose you can add any executable there (adding a .desktop launcher for that .sh script should be easy).
Mohandevir Aug 16, 2018
No problem with my .desktop file, it's already working. Thanks.

All I wanted to say is, for those that want controller support, adding the DXVK-Witcher3 to the Linux Steam client seems to be a working solution. There are probably other ways, but that's the best one I found, after trying different combinations.

By the way, the Steam version of Witcher 3 doesn't require Steam to run. It's just that you loose the cloud saves feature.
Shmerl Aug 16, 2018
I'm not using Steam, so for controller if I ever get one, I'll probably need sc-controller configured. Would be interesting to test how it works with Wine.
Mohandevir Aug 16, 2018
From my experience, SC-Controller gets a range problem with High precision camera... It stops working when the background mouse pointer gets out of the game window... Tried capturing the mouse in winecfg but it's a hit&miss... I have to switch from fullscreen to borderless window (back and forth between the two) at every time to make it work. At least, that's my experience. Else, it works fine.

Result is... You have a field of view of about 720deg. You have to keep in the middle, else you might find yourself unable to look on the side while fighting a monster... Kind of irritating. :)
Shmerl Aug 16, 2018
The author said he isn't using upstream kernel driver yet.
Mohandevir Aug 16, 2018
Included in the upcoming 4.18 Kernel. Isn't it?
Shmerl Aug 16, 2018
Quoting: MohandevirIncluded in the upcoming 4.18 Kernel. Isn't it?

Yep.
Shmerl Aug 19, 2018
TW3 is working with AMDVLK now, or at least it doesn't crash anymore. But it has glitches. Performance is quite similar to radv:

amdvlk:

radv:

Shmerl Aug 22, 2018
Building the newly revealed Wine + esync, to see if it improves wined3d performance for TW3.
Shmerl Aug 22, 2018
Nope, no improvement from esync + wined3d:

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.