You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
GTA V
lod commented on 5 June 2018 at 8:37 pm UTC

This patch from Samuel Pitoiset fixes radv GPU hangs.

MartinPL commented on 6 June 2018 at 9:54 am UTC

Radv users with this patch could check if its global bug

devland commented on 11 June 2018 at 10:25 am UTC

lodThis patch from Samuel Pitoiset fixes radv GPU hangs.
Any idea it what mesa version it will be bundled?

lod commented on 15 June 2018 at 12:48 pm UTC

devlandAny idea it what mesa version it will be bundled?
The patches got into mesa 18.1.2, which is scheduled for today.

devland commented on 15 June 2018 at 6:27 pm UTC

lod
devlandAny idea it what mesa version it will be bundled?
The patches got into mesa 18.1.2, which is scheduled for today.

Cool. Thanks.
Looking forward to testing it.

Leopard commented on 20 June 2018 at 10:47 pm UTC

Gta 5 works for me without issues via DXVK.

Nvidia 396.24.02 driver , Dxvk 0.54 , Wine Staging 3.10

Although i don't know the situation with Steam Drm. I'm running a repack.

djseban commented on 30 June 2018 at 12:02 pm UTC

Hi guys, I started trying to run GTA V on Wine (wine-staging 3.9), but I always encounter a crash of RGSC (I have a steam version) in subprocess.exe. opengl32.dll is first in line in error backtrace. My specs:
GPU: R9 390 (mesa)
CPU: i5 4690k

What could be the problem? I already tried installing few components like dotnet40 but it didn't help.

@edit: Corefonts turned out to be the problem. Also updated wine to staging 3.11. Now running steam version, the only bad thing is poor performance.
@edit2: Performance is so much better with MSAA turned off. Also I can't seem to play the game with the shaders set on settings different than "Normal", the game just closes after first scene with Michael, when loading Franklin and the other folk stealing the cars. Everything else at very high. Tops at 60FPS, lowest I got was 36FPS.
Specifically for R9 390 which is Hawaii GPU (GCN1.1) you have to set following boot args (add them in /etc/default/grub to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX or GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT):
radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1 amdgpu.dc=1 amdgpu.dpm=1
Without first two arguments you won't get Vulkan running at all, because amdgpu driver for GCN1.1 is still *experimental*. The other two supposedly muster the better performance, and it's specifically for R9 390. If you have another card just add first two. I have also installed the newest mesa-git from AUR private repo (you can find this repo in the Arch Wiki), but as far as I am aware it's not mandatory. I just want to be up to date with all the fixes.
The next thing, probably I will play with fan speeds to see if I don't have any bottleneck on temperatures. Will report later.

lod commented on 4 July 2018 at 2:51 pm UTC

djsebanAlso I can't seem to play the game with the shaders set on settings different than "Normal", the game just closes after first scene with Michael, when loading Franklin and the other folk stealing the cars.

That's a bug in mesa or llvm.

djsebanI have also installed the newest mesa-git from AUR private repo
That's actually recommended for DXVK, especially LLVM7

devland commented on 9 July 2018 at 6:50 am UTC

The game works on Manjaro kde with mesa 18.1.3 and wine-staging-nine. Via wine, the game has random hangs after some keyboard input.

I'm running it at over 40 fps in all scenes on high settings except for shaders which are set to normal.

lod commented on 25 July 2018 at 11:57 pm UTC

For me the game doesn't work with Wine 3.13, it just freezes right before the loading screen.
Does it still work for you guys?

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „The Book of Unwritten Tales“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts