Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
GTA V
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
lod Jun 5, 2018
This patch from Samuel Pitoiset fixes radv GPU hangs.
devland Jun 11, 2018
Quoting: lodThis patch from Samuel Pitoiset fixes radv GPU hangs.
Any idea it what mesa version it will be bundled?
lod Jun 15, 2018
Quoting: devlandAny idea it what mesa version it will be bundled?
The patches got into mesa 18.1.2, which is scheduled for today.
devland Jun 15, 2018
Quoting: lod
Quoting: devlandAny idea it what mesa version it will be bundled?
The patches got into mesa 18.1.2, which is scheduled for today.

Cool. Thanks. :D
Looking forward to testing it.
Leopard Jun 20, 2018
Gta 5 works for me without issues via DXVK.

Nvidia 396.24.02 driver , Dxvk 0.54 , Wine Staging 3.10

Although i don't know the situation with Steam Drm. I'm running a repack.
djseban Jun 30, 2018
Hi guys, I started trying to run GTA V on Wine (wine-staging 3.9), but I always encounter a crash of RGSC (I have a steam version) in subprocess.exe. opengl32.dll is first in line in error backtrace. My specs:
GPU: R9 390 (mesa)
CPU: i5 4690k

What could be the problem? I already tried installing few components like dotnet40 but it didn't help.

@edit: Corefonts turned out to be the problem. Also updated wine to staging 3.11. Now running steam version, the only bad thing is poor performance.
@edit2: Performance is so much better with MSAA turned off. Also I can't seem to play the game with the shaders set on settings different than "Normal", the game just closes after first scene with Michael, when loading Franklin and the other folk stealing the cars. Everything else at very high. Tops at 60FPS, lowest I got was 36FPS.
Specifically for R9 390 which is Hawaii GPU (GCN1.1) you have to set following boot args (add them in /etc/default/grub to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX or GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT):
radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1 amdgpu.dc=1 amdgpu.dpm=1
Without first two arguments you won't get Vulkan running at all, because amdgpu driver for GCN1.1 is still *experimental*. The other two supposedly muster the better performance, and it's specifically for R9 390. If you have another card just add first two. I have also installed the newest mesa-git from AUR private repo (you can find this repo in the Arch Wiki), but as far as I am aware it's not mandatory. I just want to be up to date with all the fixes.
The next thing, probably I will play with fan speeds to see if I don't have any bottleneck on temperatures. Will report later.
lod Jul 4, 2018
Quoting: djsebanAlso I can't seem to play the game with the shaders set on settings different than "Normal", the game just closes after first scene with Michael, when loading Franklin and the other folk stealing the cars.

That's a bug in mesa or llvm.

Quoting: djsebanI have also installed the newest mesa-git from AUR private repo
That's actually recommended for DXVK, especially LLVM7
devland Jul 9, 2018
The game works on Manjaro kde with mesa 18.1.3 and wine-staging-nine. Via wine, the game has random hangs after some keyboard input.

I'm running it at over 40 fps in all scenes on high settings except for shaders which are set to normal.
lod Jul 25, 2018
For me the game doesn't work with Wine 3.13, it just freezes right before the loading screen.
Does it still work for you guys?
1xok Aug 19, 2018
Quoting: Xpanderzero issues for me with DXVK and nvidia. performs -10 FPS compared to windows on similar hardware, which is amazing. No freezes, no crashes noticed yet. currently on 396.24 drivers but worked great with 396.18.05/.08 also

Wine-Staging, DXVK and Lutris are so amazing. I have now simply installed the Lutris version. Incredible easy. Then experiment a bit with the settings. And now it's going very well. Here's my result:

https://youtu.be/dEotD-E4MtI

When I stream it runs smoother when I disable anti-aliasing. Without Streming, that's no problem either. I still have to experiment. But the DXVK version is already much more fun than GTA V on PlayStation, where I have played so far.

GTA V, however, always fills up the VRAM. After a while that's full at about 3.5 GB. (With the GTX 970 the driver prevents the full assignment.) No matter if I use high resolution textures or not. At low quality it only takes a little longer. But so far I haven't noticed any disadvantages. So maybe this is just the memory management of the game.

Another question that's bothering me: The DXVK version also runs very well in online mode. I'm just wondering, can we get into trouble with that because of chaeting? Central libraries of the DX framework are likely to be replaced by many cheats. So Rockstar could confuse DXVK with a cheat and block our accounts. Is that a real danger?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.