You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
Rocket League Performance
hodasemi commented on 10 October 2017 at 10:52 am UTC

Hi,

I love playing Rocket League. I got about 400 hours on it already, but I think I'am missing something.
At the beginning of a match, when the timer is 0 there is a big frame drop as well as someone is getting destroyed. It's like a whole second.

Which setup do you guys run this game to get a perfect performance?

I don't think it's my hardware that causes so much frame drops. I'm using R7 1700 + RX 470 with fully updated Archlinux (Linux 4.13.x and Mesa 17.2.x not sure about the correct numbers, but it's up to date for sure).

wolfyrion commented on 10 October 2017 at 9:53 pm UTC

The same happening with PS4 and a High end PC with 1080Ti and even when players join in the middle off the game.
(On the other hand I am always uploading and downloading stuff so I thought that may have caused these issues)

juliette90 commented on 19 October 2017 at 10:18 am UTC

is the crossplatforme work well?

hodasemi commented on 19 October 2017 at 7:17 pm UTC

Cross-Platform does work very well, but you will have problems windows users wont have.
A friend who dual boots windows and linux confirmed that the linux version has these kind of hard fps drop where the windows version runs buttery smooth. In a competitive sense, you will always be screwed.

debianxfce commented on 7 December 2017 at 1:21 am UTC

My kid plays Rocket League at the competitive level and I against AI to get more points. The lags that I and my kid have seen with Debian testing Xfce is because of slow gaming servers.

copper_tunic commented on 10 December 2017 at 4:03 am UTC
  • New User

Yeah game freezes momentarily when someone is demo'd, but it only happens the first time someone is demo'd after opening the game. It's as if the explosion textures have to be fetched from disk, or the shaders suddenly have to be compiled on the fly or something. I guess you could always start a game against bots and demo one before starting competitive matches.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook