Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Gaming on Linux vs. Linux Game Tome (Answer: Tournaments)
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
qubodup Aug 30, 2010
Gaming on Linux vs. Linux Game Tome (Answer: Tournaments)

Hello!

I just red the LGN announcement and was wondering: what GOL has (planned) to offer over the Linux Game Tome besides having a more modern look? :)
Liam Dawe Aug 30, 2010
Re: Gaming on Linux vs. Linux Game Tome

Well we currently support Video which as far as i can see they do not.

We run competitions...they do not.

And whatever else i can come up with :)
tweakedenigma Aug 31, 2010

Perhaps it would be possible to organize tournaments from time to time, with both Commercial and Foss games?

Urban Terror and Postal 2 would be fun.
alexandrius Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: tweakedenigmaPerhaps it would be possible to organize tournaments from time to time, with both Commercial and Foss games?

Urban Terror and Postal 2 would be fun.

I would like to have tournaments with linux guys too... really good idea
Liam Dawe Aug 31, 2010

That may be something for the future, but for now anyone here can feel free to post about them and arrange them :)
alexandrius Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: liamdaweThat may be something for the future, but for now anyone here can feel free to post about them and arrange them :)

But, it's not hard to create server for any quake based game as i know

A permanent Urban Terror server might be the way to go. have a couple of extra machines kicking around at home, so when I have the chance I will see about setting this up.
alexandrius Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: tweakedenigmaA permanent Urban Terror server might be the way to go. have a couple of extra machines kicking around at home, so when I have the chance I will see about setting this up.

wow, that would be awesome!
maybe nexuiz would be better

I am not a big fan of Nexuiz, However i might just alternate games if I can it it up and running. I think my biggest issue will be bandwidth, my connection is not the best.
alexandrius Aug 31, 2010

Also, creating a hedgewars room is good idea IMHO
MaximB Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: alexandrius
Quoting: tweakedenigmaA permanent Urban Terror server might be the way to go. have a couple of extra machines kicking around at home, so when I have the chance I will see about setting this up.

wow, that would be awesome!
maybe nexuiz would be better

Nexuiz is the best FOSS Arena shooter IMO, but since the developers sold the community I wonder how it's successor Xenotic is doing, anyone tried that yet ?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.