Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «19/21»
  Go to:
Avehicle7887 Dec 14, 2021
Been playing Darksiders 3 on a Ryzen 5600G the past weekend using the integrated GPU. Game can maintain an almost solid 30fps at 1080p with some AMD FSR magic (upscaled to 1080p from 1706x960).

crt0mega Dec 15, 2021
I started playing Mass Effect Andromeda recently. It's not as bad as most ppl say.

Ehvis Dec 15, 2021
Quoting: crt0megaI started playing Mass Effect Andromeda recently. It's not as bad as most ppl say.

As I understand it, Andromeda is not a bad game by itself, but a bad Mass Effect game. Apparently the RPG aspect of the game is very shallow.
Avehicle7887 Dec 19, 2021
Been running further tests with AMD FSR and potato GPU's, this time Witcher 3 with an RX 560 (2GB Model). I think that thanks to FSR, Linux is a better choice for gaming on a budget PC.

Native 1440p (high settings):

Upscaled from a resolution of 1477x831 (same high settings / capped at 30fps):

PS: Don't bother with an RX560, the AMD 5600G integrated GPU performs better.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 19 December 2021 at 3:03 pm UTC
Shmerl Dec 19, 2021
Sorry for slight off-topic, but how does FSR work with it? I.e. how do you enable it for the game, is it a Vulkan layer?

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 December 2021 at 9:27 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Dec 19, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlSorry for slight off-topic, but how does FSR work with it? I.e. how do you enable it for the game, is it a Vulkan layer?

Wine needs to be built with 2 specific patches. They can be found in this repo: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/tree/master/patches/proton

The 2 files required are:

41-valve_proton_fullscreen_hack-staging-tkg.patch
48-proton-fshack_amd_fsr.patch

To enable FSR for games you need these environment variables:

WINE_FULLSCREEN_INTEGER_SCALING=0 (if this is set to 1, FSR doesn't work)
WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR=1
WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR_STRENGTH=2 (this value can be 1-5)

Once this is done, in your game you'll see some odd resolutions such as the chart below:

Do note that it may not work with games that have an internal resolution scale (such as some Unity engine ones). Other than that it works for anything that uses Vulkan.

Also you need to run the games without Wine's Virtual Desktop mode.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 19 December 2021 at 9:59 pm UTC
whizse Jan 9, 2022

I'm quite glad to see video support is getting better and better in Wine. Her Story is now fully playable.
Avehicle7887 Jan 13, 2022
Trying out Rise of the Tomb Raider which is DRM-Free on the Epic Games Store.

Hamish Jan 24, 2022
American McGee's Alice

Slight crackle when playing some of the dialogue which is unfortunate.
crt0mega Jan 25, 2022
Quoting: HamishAmerican McGee's Alice
It's sad that there's no ioquake3-based open source port of this game :(

Yesterday I've tried to run Battlefield 1 again because I needed a bit less role playing and sci-fi.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.