Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Editors Discussion
Page: «24/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Oct 24, 2013
If you want to test to see if you can reproduce the error and give me steps on it use the http://www.prxa.info site, would like to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Hamish Oct 25, 2013
I am currently very busy, as we just got our oft delayed bale shipment today, we will be shipping some of our cattle on Monday, I have a deadline for some of my edX work on Sunday, and I have already been doing some work to look into the problems I had been experiencing with the Penumbra games as an aid to Frictional Games' support. If it happens again when I have more times on my hands I will try and dig around for you. :)
Liam Dawe Nov 17, 2013
To all editors: Leave any bad comments to another editor in private (or the admin comments section when i roll it out on the admin cp).

Attacking another editor in public comments will lead to editor rights being revoked without warning from now on.

I thought that should have gone without saying, but it has come up a few times. This is the only word on it either, no discussions it's simple just be nice to each other.

I don't want GOL seen as a place where editors bicker and fight each-other in public.

Behave like we want the rest of the community to behave, set an example.
Liam Dawe Nov 17, 2013
Admin home page now has a comments section, feel free to bash each-other or claim an article/topic first before someone else does it there or for whatever private discussion we need.

Limited to 10 posts so i wouldn't say anything that needs to stick around, meant for quick private notes to all editors.
Liam Dawe Dec 2, 2013
We now pop a little notice at the end of non-editor articles just to re-iterate it's not an editors article so may not reflect gol's thoughts.

Also the code bbcode tags should no longer parse bbcode in them :)

[b]sdfdsf[/b]

See!
Hamish Dec 2, 2013
As a question, what do you mean exactly by gol's thoughts? Editors have certain requirements that need to be met, but then so do those submitting articles.
Liam Dawe Dec 2, 2013
Well since i own GOL, i mostly mean my thoughts :P

An example though, I don't really use wine and don't really like to do articles on it but it doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of linux gamers who do like gaming in wine - so i approve articles others do on it, just don't do it myself.

Or if someone submits an editorial on something they feel needs changing, i may not agree but i may still approve it.

The main thing is to point out it's a guest article.
Liam Dawe Dec 14, 2013
Will roll out some niggle fixes to the admin article system tonight hopefully when i finish it.

It should only say "the article is not yet active" when failing to upload a tagline image on a brand new article, not on an already live article you are just editing (say replacing with a newer image).

I'm also going to stop it going to the standard edit page if it fails at uploading a tagline image on an article in the admin review section.
Liam Dawe Dec 14, 2013
The above fixes are now in place.
HadBabits Dec 18, 2013
So after submitting my first article, I now know searching articles on this site requires a bit of care, haha. I searched for "papers please" omitting the comma and yielded no results, so thanks for changing the title accordingly. :P
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.