Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Editors Discussion
Page: «25/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Dec 18, 2013
Quoting: Quote from HadBabitsSo after submitting my first article, I now know searching articles on this site requires a bit of care, haha. I searched for "papers please" omitting the comma and yielded no results, so thanks for changing the title accordingly. :P
You are right, I have updated the search system to look for all words searched (it picks it up properly now).

I am looking into adding in a checkbox now to also search for titles with all of the words in it for more specific searches too.

Edit > Search page now has an option to limit searching for all words searched.
Liam Dawe Dec 19, 2013
TO EDITORS - Been trying to track down a bug for ages, if you approve or action something that had the "You have x admin items needing review!" notice and the notice didn't go away, PLEASE REPORT IT don't be silent on it, I want to fix it. I came on to find it again today yet there is nothing in the queue's meaning one of you approved/deleted something and the notice hasn't gone away.

I can't fix it if you don't report when it happens.

Report all bugs.
Liam Dawe Jan 15, 2014
As requested and because it bugged me and...most people...

When previewing an article it will upload the selected tagline image to a temp folder and do it properly on submissions. This should work across the board so please if you find bugs, report them immediately.
Liam Dawe Jan 17, 2014
It will now not post an article if you do not put up a tagline image as it is required, been meaning to do that for a while.

So no one can forget now...especially me :D
Liam Dawe Jan 28, 2014
We have a new bbcode editor as you can see, any problems let us know ASAP.

Finally rid of that dreaded buggy WYSIWYG editor that was a constant pain in my backside! This one also matches our looks and colours too!

We also for editors have a "close comments" button inside articles, use it in extreme cases, but it's useful to have around.

Work thanks to myself and Half-Shot who did all of the annoying JS work I can't stand.
Liam Dawe Feb 6, 2014
Youtube links inside articles will get auto converted to a youtube embed code now, sure makes my greenlight posts easier I don't have to manually replace each youtube link now!

Will not turn that on for comments though so it doesn't get abused.
Liam Dawe Feb 8, 2014
For those who don't visit the IRC - We will have a revamped design in the next week or so.

For editors - this will come with an image uploader for articles, hooray! It's a little rough right now, but in a few days it should be fully implemented. It has been needed for...a long time.
Hamish Feb 8, 2014
Quoting: liamdaweFor editors - this will come with an image uploader for articles, hooray! It's a little rough right now, but in a few days it should be fully implemented. It has been needed for...a long time.

*perks interest*
Liam Dawe Feb 18, 2014
In an effort time find the duplicate admin notifications, I now track when editors delete, approve etc.
Hamish Feb 21, 2014
I notice that the advertisements disappeared for me after I logged into my account - I guess as an Editor I have probably put in at least $15 dollars worth of effort in. ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.