DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010 Extended Season
Page: «9/12»
  Go to:
Xpander Mar 27, 2018
Quoting: drhoodHello,

I just want to thank the organizer of this tournament and fellow drivers who participate. It is a blast racing with you all.

Race Summary (Germany)
Was my best performance at Germany, and probably my best series of stages in Dirt Rally ever. All six (6) were clean (i.e., the car and four wheels stayed on the road ~98% of the time). I am slowly improving at Dirt Rally, takes practice and patience.

Looking forward to the final two locations!

drhood (a.k.a, drmaemo)

thanks, will try to keep this game alive cause its really something different than most racing games :) too bad codemasters seem to have abandoned this game, i was hoping for DLC's of new tracks and 2017 spec cars etc, but seems it doesnt happen. Though this game is more successful than Dirt4, so theres hope for Dirt Rally 2.

Quoting: tuubiDid my run early for once. I kept pushing a bit too hard and that did lead to some small and slightly bigger mistakes, including a penalty. I expect I won't be anywhere close to winning in Wales, but I'll pat myself on the back if I end up less than a minute from the top. ;)

bit under 26 min overall seems like yeah maybe a minute more than some might drive when no mistakes happen :)
tuubi Mar 27, 2018
Quoting: Xpandertoo bad codemasters seem to have abandoned this game, i was hoping for DLC's of new tracks and 2017 spec cars etc, but seems it doesnt happen. Though this game is more successful than Dirt4, so theres hope for Dirt Rally 2.
Oh, a few new stages would be nice. I'd pay a few euros for those. New cars would be great too, but I don't really care if they're modern or classic. Although I don't know how they'd fit either new cars or locations into anything but custom events and leagues.

An actual sequel would be even better of course.
Xpander Mar 31, 2018
UK done. Tried to drive carefully with no mistakes and i achieved that, but couldn't match the speed of muell like that. Second stage was the worst i think, no mistakes but i took it too cautiously i guess, lost 17 sec there or muell just made a incredible time there. after that i tried to push just tiny bit more and matched muell within few sec, but yeah if i had driven any faster i would have had lots of mistakes.

S1-S6:Clean
tuubi Mar 31, 2018
I was way over a minute slower than Muell. No back-pats for me.

But hey, seems like I was a couple of seconds faster than either of you on the fifth stage? :O For once I'm sad I didn't record my run.
Xpander Mar 31, 2018
Quoting: tuubiI was way over a minute slower than Muell. No back-pats for me.

But hey, seems like I was a couple of seconds faster than either of you on the fifth stage? :O For once I'm sad I didn't record my run.

yeah about 2 seconds faster than muell and i was about 0.3 sec slower than muell there.

amazing how good muell was driving there :D if i pushed any harder i would have crashed a lot probably.
muell Mar 31, 2018
I was just a few seconds faster on stage 2 which was the first stage in reverse. Overall it went pretty well. No major crashes and apparently the speed was good, too.

Forgot to write here about the two previous events.

Sweden was pretty good this time around. I found a configuration which actually makes Sweden enjoyable but on the 2nd stage I parked the car on a snowbank for at least 15s and lost the flow. Could have been pretty close if it wasn't for that fuck up.

Germany on the other hand was fine but not that great. Setting the gears all the way to far probably wasn't the best idea and might have cost me the few seconds to the first place.

Anyway, I'm preparing for the next group b season with the Peugeot 205. Found a setup that works pretty well but I'm sill having problems being consistent on tarmac and ice/snow but it's getting better.
Xpander Apr 1, 2018
Quoting: muellI was just a few seconds faster on stage 2 which was the first stage in reverse. Overall it went pretty well. No major crashes and apparently the speed was good, too.

iirc your first stage was 6.12 and second one was 6.04, i did both 6.18 pretty much :D

that was some amazing drive from you! Looking forward to Greece :)
drhood Apr 1, 2018
I made some strides in my driving ability at Wales; however, I struggle in achieving consistency. Nevertheless, I find Wales fun because it is a challenge for me.

Stage 1: one crash
Stage 2: clean
Stage 3: clean
Stage 4: two crashes
Stage 5: clean
Stage 6: one crash
Xpander Apr 2, 2018
First post updated, Last race of the season started!
muell Apr 2, 2018
Obligatory: Greece went okay. A rather harsh crash into a tree but fortunately I could simply reverse out of it. Otherwise smaller mistakes and one or two close ones.

Congrats Xpander for winning this season!

This was fun. Thanks everyone for taking part in it!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.