Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
DXVK (D3D11 on Vulkan for WINE) runs Nier Automata!
tuubi commented on 23 January 2018 at 3:50 pm UTC

RinkutuxThis looks amazing, I'm gonna try it really soon !
Random question : What is used to display fps on-screen on the screenshots ? (https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/wiki)
The environment variables section of the readme lists DXVK_HUD=1. Seems like a safe bet.

raneon commented on 23 January 2018 at 7:16 pm UTC

Impressive work! I didn't expect that there is so much progress.

Shmerl commented on 26 January 2018 at 1:49 am UTC

YoRHa-2BIt doesn't use tessellation or geometry shaders, no deferred contexts, and in general it does things in a rather efficient way (from a CPU perspective).

Can you please ping The Witcher 3 in Wine thread, when you'll think DXVK will be at the stage good for testing TW3 in it already? I'd be glad to run tests and report issues. Tesselation would be one major milestone for it I suppose.

YoRHa-2B commented on 27 January 2018 at 3:28 pm UTC

Witcher 3 requires pretty much a complete implementation so I don't see that happen any time soon - will report when it does though.

rafaelcgs10 commented on 28 January 2018 at 12:24 am UTC

Any chance of getting this merged on wine/wine-stagin?

tpau commented on 28 January 2018 at 10:35 am UTC

crt0megaNice! I'd rather have that D3D10/D3D11 Gallium state tracker but DXVK looks really good.

Don't you think that once there is a vulkan based converter that the gallium state tracker is no longer necessary?

crt0mega commented on 3 February 2018 at 1:16 am UTC

tpauDon't you think that once there is a vulkan based converter that the gallium state tracker is no longer necessary?
Nope.

De1m0s commented on 10 February 2018 at 4:57 pm UTC

Can somebody explain me, how to use that?
I've downloaded the precompiled version (i'm not into compiling), but there are only 2 folders in the archive (x32 and x64), with 2 dlls in every folder (d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll).
How can i implement them to any wine prefix??

tuubi commented on 11 February 2018 at 11:09 am UTC

De1m0sCan somebody explain me, how to use that?
I've downloaded the precompiled version (i'm not into compiling), but there are only 2 folders in the archive (x32 and x64), with 2 dlls in every folder (d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll).
How can i implement them to any wine prefix??
Instructions from the readme:
QuoteIn order to set up a wine prefix to use DXVK instead of wined3d globally, run:

cd /your/dxvk/directory/bin
WINEPREFIX=/your/wineprefix bash setup_dxvk.sh

YoRHa-2B commented on 11 February 2018 at 1:58 pm UTC

The script didn't exist at the time the binaries were released, you can however copy (or symlink) the 32-bit ones to your drive_c/windows/syswow64 and the 64-bit ones to drive_c/windows/system32 (blame Microsoft for naming it like that). That's basically what the script does.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts