Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
[FIXED] Incorrect time?
muntdefems 6 April 2013 at 2:08 pm UTC

Is it just me, or since Daylight Saving Time was adopted last week all time stamps are shown incorrectly on GoL? (e.g. when I submit a comment to an article it inmediately appears in the Latest Comments box as sent 1 hour ago)

I thought I could fix this by changing my time zone on my User Control Panel, but there isn't the option.

Liam Dawe 7 April 2013 at 7:39 am UTC

It would be a simple fix for me to just add an hour to all timestamps when it's working it out. Just need to find the best way to calculate if its between xdate-ydate add 1 hour to timestamps.

Edit > Hmm it's never the same date, best if I just add an option for each user then I guess?

Edit2  > Actually i will do it as an admin option, that way everyones times will always be correct

muntdefems 7 April 2013 at 7:09 pm UTC

I don't really understand what you mean in your 2nd edit but now I see the correct times, so thanks!

PS: Just bear in mind that [DST is not observed everywhere](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time) (in fact, most of the world doesn't observe it), so if you just added 1h to all timestamps they may now be incorrect for a lot of people...

Liam Dawe 7 April 2013 at 7:16 pm UTC

All times on the websites are UK time anyway ;) everyone has the same timezone on this website.

muntdefems 7 April 2013 at 7:21 pm UTC

Alrighty then, thanks!

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...