Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Posting a game running under wine on main page
shaunix Apr 21, 2013
Hey,

So, I think it would be good to have games that run well under wine to be reviewed (etc) on the main page.

For instance, many steam games run nearly perfectly for me on wine with a few tweaks which can all be found on appdb typically.

I would be inclined to post about how I got a game to work well under wine. I am sure others would as well.
fedso Apr 21, 2013
A category "Wine" should be added so users not interested in Wine gaming could easily skip the article.
Liam Dawe Apr 21, 2013
If anyone wants to write a well written Wine post I would accepted it, I have nothing really against Wine and think tutorials for it are great.

The only thing i tend to not accept are terribly written articles when they haven't bothered to preview it before submitting or even re-read it.

So anyway...Wine articles are fine.

Edit > Added a Wine category.
muntdefems Apr 21, 2013
I'm not interested in Wine at all, but I totally support your suggestion. There sure are a lot of gamers interested in this stuff.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.