Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Xbox or Steam controller working in wine on 64 bit game
afettouhi May 1, 2018
I finally managed to get Dishonored 2 working in wine with wine-staging 3.7 and dxvk 0.42. I would like to get my xbox 360 controller or my Steam controller working with the game. It has been a while since I have used wine for gaming and it is the first time I am using it in a 64 bit prefix. I remember when I played the first Dishonored in wine. I used x360ce along with an ini file and a xinput1_3.dll I just had to put in the directory where executable for the game was and the xbox 360 controller would work. How is this done on 64 bit? Is this the same procedure or is there an easier way? Is it possible to get the Steam controller to work as well or instead? Sorry if this has been answered already.
afettouhi May 1, 2018
Quoting: GuestYou have to use the 64-bit version of x360ce

I tried to use it in a fresh 64 bit PREFIX but I couldn't get it to run. I remember originally that didn't run x360ce directly. I found the ini file and dll and another file and just used that and it worked. Anybody have these files for 64 bit for a wired 360 xbox controller?
chui2ch May 3, 2018
Use lutris. It has all that built in. You check a box and tell it where the game is and it will take it from there. I used it to play doom 2016.
afettouhi May 3, 2018
My problem is that I can't get x360ce to run at all. So what box should I check in Lutris? I am bit confused by your replies.

EDIT: Ahhh I see in Lutris under the Steam Wine runner there are options to install dll's for xinput.
LordDaveTheKind Jul 28, 2018
Quoting: afettouhiI finally managed to get Dishonored 2 working in wine with wine-staging 3.7 and dxvk 0.42. I would like to get my xbox 360 controller or my Steam controller working with the game. It has been a while since I have used wine for gaming and it is the first time I am using it in a 64 bit prefix. I remember when I played the first Dishonored in wine. I used x360ce along with an ini file and a xinput1_3.dll I just had to put in the directory where executable for the game was and the xbox 360 controller would work. How is this done on 64 bit? Is this the same procedure or is there an easier way? Is it possible to get the Steam controller to work as well or instead? Sorry if this has been answered already.

you could use xboxdrv as an alternative to x360ce. it works better and not on top of wine, but requires some checks on the mapping of each button, and you have to write a specific config file for each wine architecture. maybe I can provide few examples in this thread later.
stud68 Jul 28, 2018
https://github.com/kozec/dumbxinputemu

Try Dumbxinputemu dlls. And Sc controller for the steam controller.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.