Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
[SOLVED] Signed-in cookies resets too quickly.
nox May 26, 2018
Seems to have started today for me. Every ~2 or so hours I need to log back in, even though I've had the browser open and active the whole time. Is this done on purpose?

EDIT: Seems to be every hour as I got logged out again now. This is really, really annoying :D

Remember to check the "now-off-by-default" checkbox, kids.

Case closed.
Liam Dawe May 26, 2018
I haven't touched anything, literally nothing. Check your privacy plugins.

When you login again, look at the cookies at tell me the expiry time for the gol session cookie. If it's ~30 days, then the issue is sadly your end. If it's not set to around then, something broke our end.

FWIW I have no issues across chrome, firefox and android chrome.
Ehvis May 26, 2018
Does it reset the cookie when you visit GoL?
nox May 26, 2018
Quoting: EhvisDoes it reset the cookie when you visit GoL?
After about an hour, yes.

The strange thing is that it's not happening anywhere else. The lutris forums, youtube, my email.. All works well and expires when I expect them to.

I'll troubleshoot a bit as Liam gave me some pointers and things to check out :)
nox May 26, 2018

Case closed.
Liam Dawe May 26, 2018
Yes, please do remember folks, to tick the stay logged in box ;)
devnull May 30, 2018
Had this happen again today. Kinda weird, the browser doesn't see any cookies now, had to manually add *.gamingonlinux.com.. Is there some JS detecting cookies?.. Don't think it will prompt until a real attempt is made.
Liam Dawe May 31, 2018
Quoting: devnullHad this happen again today. Kinda weird, the browser doesn't see any cookies now, had to manually add *.gamingonlinux.com.. Is there some JS detecting cookies?.. Don't think it will prompt until a real attempt is made.
We aren't doing anything with the stay logged in cookie with JS no.

Is this normal login or steam/social logins?
devnull Jun 1, 2018
Normal login.

Edit: Tried a few ways to duplicate this but can't now. While still lacking Secure, the Set-Cookie headers are present. They weren't ealier.. dunno what to say. Cloudflare burp? Will keep an eye on it.
Guppy Jun 9, 2018
Quoting: noxSeems to have started today for me. Every ~2 or so hours I need to log back in, even though I've had the browser open and active the whole time. Is this done on purpose?

EDIT: Seems to be every hour as I got logged out again now. This is really, really annoying :D

Case closed.

Thanks grampa! xD

In all seriousness I saw that checkbox and went "oh so GoL allows me to opt out of tracking cookies from facebook, etc - NEAT!" for some reason my eyes skipped past the 'to stay logged in' part. I blame the torrent of GDPR spam we've gotten in the past few months ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.