If you support us through Liberapay, please see this important post.
You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal!
Stellaris recommendations
Kels commented on 21 June 2018 at 5:50 pm UTC

I've just got the base game for Stellaris, but I like what I've seen so far. So I'm looking at maybe picking up a DLC or two in the Steam sale this summer and I'm curious which ones are the best value for my rather limited bucks.

Alternatively, I see that the game has a rather active modding community. So I'm curious which ones people see as essential for great gameplay. There are tonnes of mods, so I'm not really sure which are worth it and which are a waste of time.

Smilex commented on 21 June 2018 at 8:58 pm UTC

I too am interested in this information

Kels commented on 21 June 2018 at 9:11 pm UTC

Samsai recommended Utopia and/or Synthetic Dawn, so I'm thinking maybe getting Utopia plus a story pack would work, then look at Synthetic Dawn sometime later. Utopia and SD add new mechanics that are good throughout the game, where Apocalypse is largely late-game stuff.

Still very interested in mod suggestions, though.

ajgp commented on 22 June 2018 at 10:48 am UTC

Afraid the only Mod I have played for Stellaris is the Star Trek Horizons total conversion mod. It is truely amazing.

For standard gameplay mods, Guilli's planet modifiers mod is popular, as are the more events mods (though with the events rework in Niven Im unsure if the latter still works)

Julius commented on 23 June 2018 at 4:49 pm UTC

Utopia is soso... only get it if cheap. Apocalypse the same.

Synthetic dawn is cool as it gives you a fresh replay and Leviathans is a cool mid game dynamic.

Kels commented on 23 June 2018 at 4:56 pm UTC

Utopia is 50% off, so getting it cheap is kind of the whole point. Leviathans too. Synthetic Dawn does look interesting, and I might end up getting all three, although I'm kinda watching my cash right now.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • All Day Stream
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • GOG Guest Stream: „Unforeseen Incidents“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact