You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
benchmarking hangs my computer
lucinos commented on 29 June 2018 at 8:19 pm UTC

So far I never had any hang playing any game or any hang at all. But if I try some benchmarks the computer hangs and I can not even get in a tty.

So far I tried:

*unigine-heaven
This seems to work without any problem, Last time I got a 1103 score (FPS: 43.8, 28.1, 90.7)

*unigine-superposition
hangs my system

*basemark
OpenGL works, I got a 1625 score (FPS: 16, 10, 25)
Vulkan hangs my system.

The Talos Principle works with Vulkan, no problem there

Anyone has similar problem? I will try again when Manjaro upgrades.

debianxfce commented on 30 June 2018 at 4:59 am UTC

Superposition works fine after installing libssl1.0-dev. I have RX560 too. Debian testing/sid Xfce, custom amd-staging-drm-next kernel and Oibaf ppa Mesa.

Edit: Superposition works fine when amd-staging-drm-next kernel was in the 4.17-rc5 version. I updated it to 4.18-rc1 and Superposition causes Null pointer exception at the end of the benchmark. Windows version works fine with wine-staging and dxvk.

pete910 commented on 2 July 2018 at 5:55 pm UTC

lucinosSo far I never had any hang playing any game or any hang at all. But if I try some benchmarks the computer hangs and I can not even get in a tty.

So far I tried:

*unigine-heaven
This seems to work without any problem, Last time I got a 1103 score (FPS: 43.8, 28.1, 90.7)

*unigine-superposition
hangs my system

*basemark
OpenGL works, I got a 1625 score (FPS: 16, 10, 25)
Vulkan hangs my system.

The Talos Principle works with Vulkan, no problem there

Anyone has similar problem? I will try again when Manjaro upgrades.

Install them from the repo(aur), will sort any missing libs out and what not

lucinos commented on 23 September 2018 at 6:56 pm UTC

pete910Install them from the repo(aur), will sort any missing libs out and what not

It was installed from the aur. So it was not the problem any missing libs unless the packager had done something wrong.

But good news! I tried again (The upgrade to mesa 18.2 reminded me to try again, do not know if that upgrade was the one that made the difference) and now everything I tried works fine!

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Puzzle Tiles: „Opus Magnum“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts