You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
On Valve's self-organazing structure (and the environment it creates)
calvin commented on 19 July 2018 at 2:11 pm UTC

A former Valve employee tweeted about it. This reddit thread unrolls them, for easier reading.

Some things I can pick out:

* He mentions the female engineer they employeed whose connections that they poached; most likely Jeri Ellsworth.
* The "employ someone famoous/odd and have them blog" could apply to a lot of people at Valve; Abrash and Tsipras could apply.
* "CEO's pet project" is likely Steam Machines.

chancho_zombie commented on 19 July 2018 at 4:02 pm UTC

calvinA former Valve employee tweeted about it. This reddit thread unrolls them, for easier reading.

Some things I can pick out:

* He mentions the female engineer they employeed whose connections that they poached; most likely Jeri Ellsworth.
* The "employ someone famoous/odd and have them blog" could apply to a lot of people at Valve; Abrash and Tsipras could apply.
* "CEO's pet project" is likely Steam Machines.
I don't feel sorry at all for that guy. In San Francisco/ Sillicon Valley if you earn 120 thousand usd a year you are considered poor and can apply to several subsidies/tax reductions. His effort and pain is being well paid I bet he earns like 300 thousand a year.

chancho_zombie commented on 19 July 2018 at 4:26 pm UTC

so lame. What he describes is standard practices of multinational companies. There is always someone better, younger, cheaper, waiting to fill your seat. If you are so unhappy and uncomfortable, grow some balls and quit. Whining like a little boy and earns 300k/year? really?

liamdawe commented on 19 July 2018 at 4:45 pm UTC

From what i've read a lot of it seems like it was a good 5-10 years ago and is about more than one company.

As always, there's also two sides to every story.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts