You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Is X-com: The Bureau Declassified wine compatible?
Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 16 August 2018 at 5:19 pm UTC

I ask this because The Bureau: XCOM® Declassified™ was just released on GOG.

The_Aquabat commented on 16 August 2018 at 9:39 pm UTC

I think that game has a problem with dotnet. I remember running it only once, can't find a proper workaround. I mean sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the setup.

The_Aquabat commented on 16 August 2018 at 9:40 pm UTC
The_Aquabat commented on 20 July 2019 at 2:36 am UTC

sorry to resurrect this old thread . I finally made this game run (following the comments on protondb). The trick is that you need to install dotnet40 on top of dotnet35 and then vcrun2008, with wine 4.12 it works, other versions may fail. And for the steam version you need some "fix" because it has some DRM lock-ins (which makes me very angry). So I'm using a "fix" with the Steam version, I don't consider that pirating because I bought the game and can't run it, so it's unfair. If anyone wants to know what that "fix" is PM because I really don't want to promote that stuff.

It works with proton as well but you need to install dotnet35 and dotnet40 with the command WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/65930/pfx/ winetricks dotnet35 and then WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/65930/pfx/ winetricks dotnet40 , using a wine version that doesn't fail installing dotnet35 like wine 4.12.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts