Lutris?
kaymio Aug 16, 2018
A few minutes ago I finished watching Wendells video on Wine and DXVK. (Don't know whether I'm allowed to post links: The video is called 'Linux Gaming: DXVK, Wine, and Lutris (Part 2 of 4)' on Level1Linux.)

He mentioned a software/community called Lutris. I've never heard of it but find the idea compelling. Wine is a PITA and the programs are not native to Linux. Nonetheless it is compelling.

Does someone have experience with Lutris? Does it really work? I don't want to buy a Windows title if it is not quite certain that it will run with Lutris or Wine.
chui2ch Aug 16, 2018
It makes managing wine versions easy, but it is also great for managing native games. I use Lutris to install non steam native games. I like having a launcher for my GOG games.
Shmerl Aug 16, 2018
Lutris is more generic than Wine manager, so a bit of an overkill to my taste. I just wrote a bunch of scripts to manage Wine prefixes myself.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.