Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Just Cause 2 DVXK/Wine prefix minimal requirements
frakswe Aug 18, 2018
Hello, i've got a bloated wine prefix and wanted to start over with a fresh one but can't seem to get JC2 running again with a new one. It just starts up a window and then briefly closes with no usable output.Has anyone has done any research in this field?
Ehvis Aug 18, 2018
According to this JC2 is problematic: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/567
frakswe Aug 18, 2018
yeah it's abit crashy even when it does run sadly, but i do have it running....just not with a fresh wine prefix :/
i went crazy with winetricks and installed lots of dlls left and right to no avail..it's the damndest thing.
frakswe Aug 19, 2018
seems i forgot to run "verify local files" in steam, game starts up now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.