Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Header connections in MoBo
Arehandoro Aug 24, 2018
Hello community,

I'm having a simple yet slightly annoying issue assembling the new mini-server I rcecently purchased. The chassis comes with PSU and 10 headers, 5 of them for power switch, power led, powerser reset and hdd activity which I connect to the front pannel header connectors. But also, another 5 that are for Lan 1 and 2, Fail, H.D Led and I.D Led. The MoBo only has 2 more set of headers, one for usb and another one for COM.

Where do I connect these? And how do I connect them?

ThanksA
Stupendous Man Sep 3, 2018
Isn't there a diagram of the board in the manual?
External LAN doesn't sound very common, I doubt a normal board would have headers for that. The LEDs are generally falling out of use, so they may not be available either on new budget boards.
Is the board an ITX?
Arehandoro Sep 4, 2018
Quoting: Stupendous ManIsn't there a diagram of the board in the manual?
External LAN doesn't sound very common, I doubt a normal board would have headers for that. The LEDs are generally falling out of use, so they may not be available either on new budget boards.
Is the board an ITX?

There is a diagram of the board in the manual, but not a diagram of the chassis with all the cables that comes with. Mainly the chassis it's a mini-itx server box but the board is a gaming one, which probably won't have the right amount of headers for such purpose. I gave up at the end anyway haha.

Thanks for replying though!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.