My build freezing with Ubuntu 16.04
musojon74 Sep 1, 2018
Hi guys.

Bit frustrated. My development machine with Unity on builds and runs beautifully. However using my Alienware alpha with 16.04 the game freezes on load. Ubuntu itself doesn't freeze. The game loads the menu screen but the animation doesn't happen, and menu buttons cannot be clicked. Needs force closing. It used to work with old builds, and in fact I have an old build of the game which used to run which instantly freezes. It's intended to release on Linux so I have to figure out how to fix thes issues. Any thoughts about troubleshooting? I've patched the NVIDIA graphics drivers to 3.96 in case that was the issue, but didn't fix.

Alienware Alpha has an i5 and it's first generation, so uses the NVIDIA 860m - ish custom card they put in there. It works great (on low) on an old 9600GT, so the Alpha clearly has enough oomph to run it.
Liam Dawe Sep 1, 2018
I'm a bit confused.

TV graphics drivers? 3.96?

What do those mean? I assume you just mean the graphics drivers, but i've no idea what 3.96 is and you haven't said what GPU.

To be clear: the game freezes or Ubuntu freezes?
musojon74 Sep 1, 2018
Hmm. I need to give up typing stuff on my iphone. i'm sure in the old days the correction was awesome but nowadays it's just sucky.

I'll edit OP
Liam Dawe Sep 2, 2018
Sounds to me like the Unity fullscreen bug. Try it in windowed mode.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.