You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
[done] PC Info - GeForce RTX 2070/2080(ti) missing
madchaotikan commented on 28 September 2018 at 7:44 pm UTC

Just powered up my brand new RTX 2080 and see its actually missing in the GFX card list in the PC info section.

Ehvis commented on 28 September 2018 at 8:20 pm UTC

I thought they delayed the release to next week and beyond.

madchaotikan commented on 28 September 2018 at 10:16 pm UTC

True for the 2080 ti. I have just a 2080. It arrived on Monday this week. I waited till today for the latest nvidia driver to be available in arch extra.

liamdawe commented on 3 October 2018 at 4:42 pm UTC

Sorry about the delay, they're all now in.

MaCroX95 commented on 3 October 2018 at 8:53 pm UTC

madchaotikanJust powered up my brand new RTX 2080 and see its actually missing in the GFX card list in the PC info section.

How is the desktop performance / game performance?

madchaotikan commented on 4 October 2018 at 4:06 pm UTC

MaCroX95How is the desktop performance / game performance?

It's capable of delivering about 60 FPS with only few drops in my native resolution (3840x1600) in very high quality scenarios. So I'm quite pleased. Regarding desktop performance I think it feels smoother now (Gnome Shell latest using X) but this might be just a feeling. So I guess it's not really a difference.

The card is my kick off for the next round of hardware renewal (either core 9900 or next gen Ryzen in spring). Goal was/is to have >60 FPS in my resolution. But I'm planing also to do some stuff with the tensor cores which was before only possible with the very expensive Quadros. No plans so far for the rt cores.

If anybody whish I could try to run some benchmarks on my system - but I would need some suggestions for the presets etc.

P.S.:
liamdaweSorry about the delay, they're all now in.

Thx Liam. Don't worry. :-)

Ehvis commented on 4 October 2018 at 7:47 pm UTC

Then I can finally get my 2080Ti

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts