You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Navi , Polaris succesor to launch on Q3 2019
Page: «9/10»
  Go to:
The_Aquabat 11 Jun, 2019

Quoteincluding support for AMD’s proprietary Freesync-over-HDMI standard. So AMD does have variable rate capabilities for TVs

this looks good so with a normal monitor you can get freesync if I understand correctly?

Shmerl 11 Jun, 2019

The monitor itself should support freesync of course. HDMI is really a garbage option. Any good monitor should do it over DisplayPort.

The_Aquabat 11 Jun, 2019

Quoting: ShmerlThe monitor itself should support freesync of course. HDMI is really a garbage option. Any good monitor should do it over DisplayPort.

yes but they are mentioning TV, sometimes TV's are cheaper I don't think there's a lot of TV's with Freesync out there, might be wrong.

Shmerl 11 Jun, 2019

There are some I suppose, since consoles assume TV usage. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend anyone using them for gaming.

Shmerl 5 Jul, 2019

About pairing Navi card with adaptive sync monitor.

Look what I found.

Dedale 7 Jul, 2019

fifteen minutes before the end of the embargo. ^^

Shmerl 9 Aug, 2019

Sapphire Pulse Navi cards are coming, but no news about Nitro versions:
https://videocardz.com/newz/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-pulse-available-for-preorder

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts