Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Making google sheets accept comma for numeric input
Guppy Oct 6, 2018
Bit off-topic for this website, but it's an issue I'm having some trouble finding an answer to by searching google.

My numpad has a comma because that is what is used for decimal separation round these parts so when I want to enter numbers in google sheets they become strings unless I move my hand off the numpad to find the punctuation mark (.) which slows down input quite a bit. Given just how many countries[1] share this trait I would think there was a work around.

The fields is already set up to display local currency - it just does it wrong; "599.95 kr" vs "599,95 kr" this I can live with but having data omitted from calculations because I sometimes miss the fact that "599,95" is a string rather than a number is starting to get on my nerves.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator#Countries_using_Arabic_numerals_with_decimal_comma
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.