Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Indie ARPG Game Like CrossCode
Acrophobic Oct 9, 2018
I've finished playing CrossCode and it was awesome :

- The story and the characters are good.
- The art is beautiful.
- The keyboard and mouse control is nice.
- The puzzles are nice wih decent mix between simple and hard puzzles. The puzzles also doesn't over dominating the game.
- The length is not too short, but not too long either. I've finished it in 66 hours.
- It runs smoothly on my laptop.

Now that I've finished it, I realize I haven't played or heard about top down ARPG like this for a long time. The closest I could think is Torchlight II. However Torchlight is hack 'n slash, which means there are almost no story and no puzzle, only mindless killing everything in sight.

There is also Hazelnut Bastille, however it's still not finished.

So, with that said, could you guys recommend me some ARPG like CrossCode ?
Guppy Oct 10, 2018
Guessing you've finished bastion?
Acrophobic Oct 10, 2018
Quoting: GuppyGuessing you've finished bastion?

Yeah, forgot about that one. The gameplay is not that fun, but the story, art and OST are great.
Liam Dawe Oct 10, 2018
Have you tried Hyper Light Drifter and Victor Vran?
Acrophobic Oct 10, 2018
Quoting: liamdaweHave you tried Hyper Light Drifter and Victor Vran?

No, I haven't. Are they good ?

I've heard good things about Hyper Light Drifter, however I heard it's really short. I guess I will check it on sale.

For Victor Vran, it's hack 'n slash like Torchlight right ? How does it compare ? Does it have any story or lore, or it's just like Torchlight ?
tuubi Oct 10, 2018
Quoting: Acrophobic
Quoting: liamdaweHave you tried Hyper Light Drifter and Victor Vran?

No, I haven't. Are they good ?

I've heard good things about Hyper Light Drifter, however I heard it's really short. I guess I will check it on sale.

For Victor Vran, it's hack 'n slash like Torchlight right ? How does it compare ? Does it have any story or lore, or it's just like Torchlight ?
Hyper Light Drifter is good, and makes up for the shorter length with plenty of personality and style.

Victor Vran is similar to Torchlight but in my opinion simply more interesting. It has proper story content for one, and plenty of quests (and side quests) to keep you interested for quite a lot longer if you don't mind the random loot and hack 'n slash gameplay.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.